Hello from South Carolina

nickim86

Aug 12, 2023
Seneca, SC
Hey y'all!

I just purchased an above ground pool - yay! Neither my husband and I are new to pools, so we *think* we know what to do once it gets installed. But we need some advice about the installation. The area of our yard that is sunniest and most level also has these exposed tree roots. The other place in our yard that has enough space is about a 5% grade. So either way, this isn't going to be an easy, straight-forward install.

I would have no problem losing a tree to get rid of these roots, but they are in the middle of 4 different trees, all the same size, so I have no idea which one(s) they go to. Anyone have any advice for dealing with them in another way so they don't damage the liner? I know what's entailed in installing on the grade, and that location is the least desirable for a few different reasons. (The grade, not getting much sun, being under a tree that drops 100 leaves if it feels the slightest hint of a breeze.) That being said, it was the location we initially planned on when we bought the pool so we knew what we were signing up for. But if anyone has any ideas that might make it possible to install where the roots are, it would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230812_154817_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230812_154817_Gallery.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230812_154826_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230812_154826_Gallery.jpg
    824.5 KB · Views: 4
Yikes,, quite a situation. :scratch: I'm no help with the roots. In fact, I had to remove some Italian Cypress trees a few years back due to the TX freeze. While they were majestic looking, I have much less junk in the water. Trees are not your pool's friend that's for sure. I hope you find a good compromise to set up your pool.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Also see ----->Pool Care Basics