Nowhere to turn to! Need Advice

Grits99

Sep 13, 2022
Claremont, CA
Our deck is raised above our pool about 2".
We had a pool guy come out, and he said our pool is not sinking, because our water level is even.
But many of the tiles are lifting on the deck/patio.
We believe that a large oak tree in our neighbor's yard at our fence line has large roots growing under our slab. (We think that it already killed a large lemon tree.) And we have a plant growing through the tiles in our pool in one area!

I am thinking that I need someone to come out and pop the tiles and dig below the patio concrete to take a look. But I have no idea who can do that. One new pool builder/repair company owner came out and was enthusiastic that he could help, but we have heard nothing for months.

Have called a hardscape guy and a landscape guy. But have not heard back.
Should I try another pool guy? I just don't want him to give me the "girl treatment" and tell me that I need to tear out the entire yard.

Welcome to TFP.

I think it is more landscape contractor work as long as they have experience working around a pool and know how to watch out for any pipes they may find as they dig.

Post pics of the problem areas.

@AQUA~HOLICS is in your area.

Reactions: Grits99
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.