Crazy four days of rain - trying to make sense of my results this morning.

May 7, 2018
Greensboro, NC
Good morning all. Today, I awoke to this glorious bright object in the sky - the SUN - after four days, and get this, 9.5" (yes, 9.5"!) of rain at my house. I've been draining water out of the pool left and right to keep it from overflowing, and kept filtering going 8 hours a day. This morning, I vacuumed out all of the debris in the pool - have let the pump run for two hours, and took some tests of my water...here they are (using a Taylor K-2006 test kit). Intex XTR - 7000g.

FC - 4.2ppm (I bumped this up to 6.0ppm using the amount of liquid chlorine the pool math app told me)
CC - 0ppm
CYA - 40ppm
TA - 60ppm
pH - 7.6
CH - 300 (I've done nothing to impact this, but hasn't changed hardly any since filling the pool - is this normal?)

I've been adding chlorine each day to keep it steady between 4-6ppm each day. What has me baffled is that, on Sunday, before the rain, my FC was 6ppm and CC was 1.2ppm. I've done nothing since then aside from draining water and adding liquid chlorine to keep it steady during the monsoon we had. Is it simply that the CC is diluted enough from the rain and drain and consequential refill from rain water and chlorine added? I've done the test three times now, and each time get 0ppm CC no matter what. There was a ton of organics on the bottom of the pool this morning - so I would assume I would have had some chlorine used up - but, low and behold, it's not. CC is still 0.

Water looks super clear and clean.

Any ideas of what else to check - or are my numbers correct.

Your numbers above look really good, so I wouldn't worry too much about why things were odd previously. CC can show up for any number of reasons, and sometimes just a cloudy day will do it. But if it's zero now and the water is crystal, that's all that matters.

For your FC testing, instead of the 25ML sample and two scoops of powder, try the 10 ML water sample with ONE generous scoop of powder. Count drops until clear and divide in half. Example: 12 drops equals an FC of 6. That should help you save some reagent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.