Correct way to ADD bleach?

ja123

May 21, 2018
NJ
Walk around the pool pouring it? Or slowly in front of the returns? Any preferred method?

*I have an old pool with no eyelets and my returns are not that strong, would walking it around the pool be a better application?

Last edited:
You can walk it around the pool as you pour or pour it in the deep end and then mix the water around that area using the handle of your pool pole.

You don't want to pour it in right by the skimmers and have very highly chlorinated water running through the equipment.

I think either is fine. The usual advice is to pour it slowly in front of a return - slowly enough that draining the gallon takes a minute or, preferably, two. I largely do that, but also do the walk-around method a bit - the main concern there is backsplash onto your clothes. As long as you don't dump the whole gallon in one place very quickly, you're probably fine.

I've ruined some nice pants using the walk method. Heck I think I've ruined some doing the in front of a return method, lol. I always do it in front of a return now, and get the jug opening down close to the water and pour slowly to avoid splashes. Even splashing on your hand can make you smell like bleach for a good while. Oh, and eyelets are cheap, if the threads are still there go get one which will help a lot with circulation.

I've ruined some nice pants using the walk method. Heck I think I've ruined some doing the in front of a return method, lol. I always do it in front of a return now, and get the jug opening down close to the water and pour slowly to avoid splashes. Even splashing on your hand can make you smell like bleach for a good while. Oh, and eyelets are cheap, if the threads are still there go get one which will help a lot with circulation.

I guess my pool is so old there was no such thing as eyelets. There are basically just 2 holes they don't appear to be threaded I will double check.

Does anyone know if they make return eyelets that dont require threading? I guess something I can push into the holes?
Check these. There are many others available from various manufacturers.

Does anyone know if they make
Check these. There are many others available from various manufacturers.

is it as simple as measuring the diameter of the hole and just pushing them in?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.