Two questions about new Spa/Pool combination

skr1988

Dec 9, 2023
Keller, Texas
Good evening all,

We recently finished the plaster phase of our new pool/spa combination. I have a couple of questions regarding the way the spa/pool work with the filter pump.

When I turn the Filter Pump ON but Spa Mode OFF I get higher pressure out of the return jets in the pool, and much lower in the spa return jets. When I turn Spa Mode ON the return jets in the SPA are very strong while the pool return jets turn off. Is this normal? Basically looking at my pool with the filter Pump ON and Spa Mode off you can tell the water in the pool is being circulated, while the Spa is much calmer, and you can only tell if you reach in and put your hand in front of the return jets.

My second question: I have 6 return jets in the spa, when I turn Spa Mode ON, I seem to have a varying amount of pressure in the return jets. Two of the jets (marked green dots in the picture) have very strong pressure, you can visibly see the water coming from the jets. Two of the jets (marked orange dots in the picture) have intermittent varying pressure where you can sometimes visibly see the water, and other times you can only tell they are working by sticking your hand in the water. The final two jets (marked red dots in the picture) you can not visibly see the water coming out, but when you reach your hand in and put it in front of the jet you can physically feel it.

My pool builder came out, said things were normal, and then turned on the Air Blower and all 6 jets were working equally, but only when the Air Blower is on. When the Air Blower is off it returns to the situation described above.

Thank you for any assistance and I apologize if any of my terminology is incorrect!

Attachments

• Spa.jpg
    Spa.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 11
When I turn the Filter Pump ON but Spa Mode OFF I get higher pressure out of the return jets in the pool, and much lower in the spa return jets. When I turn Spa Mode ON the return jets in the SPA are very strong while the pool return jets turn off. Is this normal? Basically looking at my pool with the filter Pump ON and Spa Mode off you can tell the water in the pool is being circulated, while the Spa is much calmer, and you can only tell if you reach in and put your hand in front of the return jets.

That could be normal behavior. it depends how your equipment is plumbed and if you have any automation.

Post pics of your equipment pad and put a list of your equipment in your signature as you will see other people have at the bottom of their posts.

My second question: I have 6 return jets in the spa, when I turn Spa Mode ON, I seem to have a varying amount of pressure in the return jets. Two of the jets (marked green dots in the picture) have very strong pressure, you can visibly see the water coming from the jets. Two of the jets (marked orange dots in the picture) have intermittent varying pressure where you can sometimes visibly see the water, and other times you can only tell they are working by sticking your hand in the water. The final two jets (marked red dots in the picture) you can not visibly see the water coming out, but when you reach your hand in and put it in front of the jet you can physically feel it.

My pool builder came out, said things were normal, and then turned on the Air Blower and all 6 jets were working equally, but only when the Air Blower is on. When the Air Blower is off it returns to the situation described above.

That is not normal but hard to correct after construction since all the spa pipes are buried in the spa wall.

Do you have any pics of the spa plumbing before it was covered up?

Reactions: skr1988
Good morning,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll work on the first part when I get home in the morning.

Regarding the second, here's a picture of the spa plumbing. It's at a slightly different angle but the colored dots match.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131-001111.png
    Screenshot_20240131-001111.png
    418.4 KB · Views: 22
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.