Coping help for a newbie

Bought a house in Massachusetts in the fall with a pool. Older liner and coping, but trying to not replace it for at least another few years. Have never owned a pool but always wanted one. Really can't find any info on how to potentially fix this one piece of coping that's popped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Aluminum coping, and a steel pool with vinyl liner.

Attachments

PoolguyinCT

In The Industry
Jul 21, 2014
Connecticut
Dig it out, manipulate it flush & carriage bolt it through the panel.

That blind bolted coping, never walk on it.
It’s at end of service life, time for liner & coping soon.

Thank you so much. I'm usually pretty handy, but really want to make sure I understand what you are saying. You're saying, dig out near the pool, under the panel(flat top of the pool's steel structure), and use carriage bolts through the coping to connect to the panel? I just don't know how to get the bolts through the coping into the pool structure. I may have that wrong though. Let me know, and any visuals could always help. Thank you again for the response.

PoolguyinCT

In The Industry
Jul 21, 2014
Connecticut
He has a 5” steel flange on panel. Tap cons aren’t fit for this one. Long carriage bolt through coping & panel flange. Lock washer & nut underground.

Then he can squeak a few months of poolside beers & sign a contract for coping and liner.

Thank you. From the original pics of the house, the problem has been there for some time. Hoping at least this year without too much spend. Will see what I can get quoted to know what I need to work towards for next year. Will see how much coaxing the coping will take. Thinking a simple clamp with wooden buffers to prevent direct pressure should help.

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Hard to tell on my phone looked like concrete saw no rust figuring so if was steel. Tapcons no bueno bolt that up for now
Poolguy......Lawyers gonna hate you when you get done with it......hit em high hit em to the side

Reactions: PoolguyinCT
It's steel. I see the picture could've been more clear. It's not concrete. I'll try to coax the coping this weekend and use a carriage bolt to secure. Will let the group know how it goes. Let me know if anyone has any additional advice.