Contractor Installed Wrong Fitting - Now what?

Kj78unlv

Aug 27, 2020
Las Vegas
Our plaster contractor installed a pool jet fitting on the side vacuum line instead of a vacuum port fitting. This was not discovered until the pool was filled with water.

Our contractor has gone awol and we are not sure what is going to be involved in correcting this. Before I start looking for a new contractor to fix the error I want to educate myself. Are we going to have to drain the pool to remove the jet fitting and install the vacuum fitting? Will we have to remove plaster/tile to correct this mistake? Any chance this is an easy fix?

Thanks for any insight that is offered!

WOW and it’s at the tile line, during the plastering phase the crew would cut the dedicated pool sweep suction line and glue the pool sweep fitting on the pipe at the proper distance from the Shotcrete for the plaster thickness. I am not familiar with this exact wall fitting in the picture provided but would think in order to remove it some of the plaster and Shotcrete would need to be chipped away so to expose enough pipe for the proper fitting to be installed.

Forget about having a vacuum connection and get a robot cleaner.

That will save you a lot of hassles, money, and clean the pool better.

Where is that port connected to on your equipment now?

Reactions: dleonard1122
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.