Construction started 2/3/20

I finally tried out my Polaris this morning, had it on for 10 minutes and shut if off. In 10 minutes it managed to get stuck on the twice and managed to spray water everywhere. Is this normal? Are there other options that can be used with the booster pump?

** EDIT: Found a blue part in the deep end, i'm thinking this came off the end of the tail. Will do some research and report back.

** EDIT 2: This part came off the end and it does make a difference, however it is still hitting my enclosure. Not sure I am a fan although my 3 year old loves it.

Attachments

• 920B984D-20F6-4609-8E60-7B8A4D783933.jpeg
    920B984D-20F6-4609-8E60-7B8A4D783933.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Nice catch and yes, I do have an iChlor30 and if I need to double the size looks like a 30 still will not cut it.

As far as pool size, my water meter didn't have a reading so I wasn't able to measure water per/post fill. My PB provided the following drawings when he gave me our size of 26,500

It won't be quite accurate... but you could see your next water bill and whether or not you're into the 30k gallons (26.5k gallons pool, plus prep work and normal use) to get an idea whether you're in that range.
I just remember our bill in the months of the build were really high from all the water used in gunite install, us watering, tile, plaster, etc. I didn't expect it but I got it. Yikes. I'd recommend taking a bill from before your build, comparing to the next one.. may help?

Our PM was estimating us to be around 18-20k. We came in at around 16.2k.

Did they recommend you use your robot already?

We were told not to use it for 30 days as it could leave wheel marks. We do have marks in the plaster but I think they are from the leaf rake we tried using too early (darn trees!) and/or from the plaster install.

I am surprised to see you've used the robot already!

Did they recommend you use your robot already?

We were told not to use it for 30 days as it could leave wheel marks. We do have marks in the plaster but I think they are from the leaf rake we tried using too early (darn trees!) and/or from the plaster install.

I am surprised to see you've used the robot already!
Finally back to this thread ... busy week! They said after 2 weeks the Polaris is ok to use but I might limit the use now to be safe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is the small business I purchased the screen enclosure LEDs from, I considered installing myself but decided to have our electrician handle.

Edit: Not sure if Facebook link above worked, here is their site: Sunset Lighting Design: Pool Cage Lighting | Screen Enclosure Lighting - Elegant Florida Pool Cage Lighting

Does the wiring run right through the cage? Did you have this pre-wired when they installed the cage or did your electrician do it after the fact.
Per LED manufacturer recommendation, we had electrician install after the cage was up. Removed the risk of cage installing damaging wire as they added screws, plus makes it easier if we have to replace one of the lights down the road.

Reactions: Hisbestcatch
Equipment Question

My contract that my pool is to meet or exceed a 6-hour turnover rate. One of the employees from my PB anonymously told me that the equipment I have will not meet this requirement and I cannot remember if he mentioned my filter and/or my pump.

My PB estimated pool size to be 26,500 which is up for debate (see previous comments on this thread, waiting to get my water reading for April).

I am planning on asking my PB to upsize the SWG from iCHLOR30 to either IC40 (IntelliChlor 40) or IC60.

Do I need to push other equipment upgrades to meet the 6-hour turnover rate that my contact calls for?

1588337728176.png

Mike,

The first thing to know is that the "requirement" to have x turnovers a day is just a myth and is not a real requirement at all. Keeping your pool clear and sanitized is a chemical issue, and is not related to the number times water passes through your filter.

The IntelliFlo VS pump is considered, by most, to the the Gold Standard of pool pumps and is really the only pump the EasyTouch can control.

Your pool builder should be ashamed trying to sell you a "lite" version of the EasyTouch.. They really should call the lite version the fake version, as it has a very limited set of programs and functions. I would not use it, if it were free..

What you need is a package deal where the EasyTouch comes with a built-in SWCG power supply and an IC40 salt cell. Like this... Pentair EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 520593 Control System | PoolSupply4Less

I show the link for reference only, as the price will be different through your pool builder. And it will not be cheaper.. :mrgreen:

If your pool will be inside a screen-room, then your filter be just fine... If your pool will be outside, then I would go with a CCP-420 or 520.. The bigger the filter the longer you can go between cleanings.

I'd have to understand how your pool will be plumbed, to understand how your PB plans to control three valves with a system that only supports two, user programmable valves. :scratch:

I live in this Century, so I use a low voltage Robot.. Using a booster pump and pressure side cleaner is a little like using an old black rotary-dial phone instead of today's cell phone. Like this ...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: MikeFL and kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.