Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
See my chem values attached. My pool PH constantly wants to climb to 8.0. I’m adding 5-7 ounces 31.45% MA every 48 hours to keep it near 7.6.

I’ve read lowering TA to around 60 will help stabilize to 7.8 which is still higher than I would like, prefer a more neutral 7.5-7.6. Furthermore , lowering TA to 60 causes CSI to nearly fall out of acceptable range as seen in attached values. No waterfalls or spillovers, do have in-floor system though. Only use liquid chlorine and MA, no other stabilizers or algecides. Also, always keep CSI well within range.

Any and all ideas are welcome as this MA habit is getting more expensive than I prefer.IMG_7822.jpeg

Lower your TA to 50-60.

The lower you try to maintain a low pH the more rapid the pH will rise back toward pH/TA equilibrium.

Proper CSI is anywhere between -0.6 to +0.6 and preferably-0.3 to +0.3

CO2_Out_of_Equilibrium.jpg

Lower your TA to 50-60.

The lower you try to maintain a low pH the more rapid the pH will rise back toward pH/TA equilibrium.

CO2_Out_of_Equilibrium.jpg
So be less concerned with CSI compliance in your opinion? Lowering TA to 50 would throw me outside of acceptable CSI range

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A bit higher pH gets your CSI to -0.3 or above.

But either will work. You are splitting hairs. Your lower pH will not stay there for long.

Last edited: