Considering a Dolphin S200 robotic cleaner - what is meant by "33 ft" or "50 ft" pool?

cflannagan

Gold Supporter
Apr 2, 2011
Palm Harbor, Florida
I'm considering this for my first robotic cleaner Amazon.com : Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Large Capacity Top Load Filter Basket Ideal for Swimming Pools up to 33 Feet : Garden & Outdoor

There is a chart comparing this product with other Dolphin/Maytronics robotic cleaners.. with "pool size". This product is for 33 ft pool sizes.. what does 33 ft mean exactly?

I have a 18,000 gallon pool size. Is "33 feet" the total L and W of the pool? Or L + W + D combined? I cannot find clarification on this product page how their "pool size" figures are defined.

Hoping someone here in the know can chime in - thanks in advance!

I asked that question last week and was told that's the cord length. Plus I think you are supposed to leave 10' of cable on the deck to the power supply so Iw asn't sure 33 was long enough.
I looked at that one on amazon and bought a pentair warrior se for $699 from Marina pool and spa

It all depends on the pool. Most have the control near the center on the long side of the pool. Say you have a 20x40 you would need 50 foot cable. 20 feet will get you to both ends from that midpoint + 20 for the width and say an extra 10 to play with. Now if you have an auto cover you would only be able to set the robot up on the end where it closes and feed the cable under the cover. This set up lends itself to longer cables in the 60 or even 70 foot lengths depending on the pools. I have pools that run under the cover with this set up. Nothing like opening the cover to a pristine pool.

I just put mine in, not sure if the temp with drop but if so I will bring it in. It climbed a wall and looked around then went back under..

Speaking of that do they drain completely of do you need to put them inside a basement during cold weather to avoid freezing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.