Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have just upgraded from Compool to a Easytouch Upgrade Board ( Kit (P/N 521107) - For upgrading CP3xxx systems)
I also have the wifi-kit (screenlogic 2) all setup and working great. can controll all with my phone now.

I have an existing salt system that is woking perfectly : Question is : how do i connect the salt system 4 wires to the screenlogic ? which terminals do i use ? do i need an expansion board ?

i have attached the documentation from the salt system - the salt system is from InyoPools and its called PureLine or CrystalPure. It works great Ive had no-issues with this just need to know how to connect it to the Screenlogic ?

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• salt-wiring-pentair-crystalpure.jpg
    salt-wiring-pentair-crystalpure.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 20
X,

I have no clue if it will actually work with the EasyTouch, but all you need to do is wire it just like the diagram says to do..

Go to Home Depot and buy enough 22 ga 4 wire cable that is long enough to go between the com port in your SWCG's control panel (on the left side of your diagram) and run the wires to the com port on your EasyTouch board (on the right side the diagram).. Then tell the EasyTouch that you have a SWCG by checking the IntelliChlor box.. See below..

Assuming your cell is really compatible with the EasyTouch, you will get a display like this..

View media item 1963

Please let us know if this works, as most other brands of SWCG's do not talk "Pentair"... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R

Reactions: xclaim494
X,

Keep in mind that anytime you are working with the com port, all the power must be off.. Even just connecting or disconnection the RS-485 connector can blow the driver chips.. Once you let the smoke out, you can't get it back in... :(

Thanks

Jim R.

Jim as usual you are a rockstar for helping. TY sir.. will definitely report back to you once done.

one question I have is what com port on easytouch do I connect to? Currently the wifi antenna is connecting to my easytouch comport .. can I use the same comports?

X,

There is only one com port.. Everything gets connected to the same 4 pin connector. If you have too many wires to fit into one pin, you can wire nut them together and then jumper that to the correct pins.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: xclaim494
X,

There is only one com port.. Everything gets connected to the same 4 pin connector. If you have too many wires to fit into one pin, you can wire nut them together and then jumper that to the correct pins.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Got it will do and reply back in a few days.

Hi all, sorry for the delay - i thought i updated this thread but i guess not - when i opened my SWG i noticed that my board did not have any automation connectors, even though the documentation said so.. so i called the company and they said that the online docs were updated with the new board details and i had a previous version. So i have to pony up $250 for a new board and automation.

Thinking out load i might let my current board/SWG reach end of life and get a pentair intellichlor.

If i do change my mind and update the PCB then i will surely update this thread with my results. So sorry for delay writing back.

TY

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.