Compool indoor controller with Easytouch?

etuser

Mar 28, 2020
Houston
Hi - I just upgraded from Compool 3400 to Easytouch using the upgrade package. Am I still able to use my indoor controller, or do I need to buy an Easytouch indoor controller if I still want an indoor controller? (I bought screenlogic as well so don’t need the indoor controller, but would like to use it if it will still work). Thanks!

E,

I do not believe that the old remotes work with the new EasyTouch upgrade board..

Once you get ScreenLogic installed you will wonder what the remote is even for... :mrgreen:

Let's see what our remote expert has to say... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. Also, in case it matters, my indoor controller is hardwired. The screenlogic is great, but if the indoor controller can still be used, it would allow others without it on their phone (like smaller kids or guests) to control it as well.

E,

I do not believe that the old remotes work with the new EasyTouch upgrade board..

Once you get ScreenLogic installed you will wonder what the remote is even for... :mrgreen:

Let's see what our remote expert has to say... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey guys, apologies for the late reply - somehow I didn't see a notification on this one!

I've never tried to use a compool controller with an easytouch, but I'd be shocked if it worked... the Easytouch controllers (indoor or wireless remote) will issue specific commands to "sync" with the outdoor unit and set the time, temp, and status LEDs. When you try to view schedules, settings, or press aux buttons, more commands are issued to send/retrieve data from the outdoor board. I'm thinking there's little chance that the commands would be the same.

The Compool controller will definitely not work. It is analog, and the EasyTouch is digital.

What will work is to use one of the existing cables to wire a new EasyTouch wall-mounted controller to the main outdoor box. That's what I did, otherwise I would have had a big hole in my family room wall after removing the Compool.

Reactions: ogdento
E,

I can't fix any holes you might have in your walls, but you can add ScreenLogic and see how much easier it is to use and program your EasyTouch from your PC, tablet or phone.. Cost about the same, or less, than a replacement remote.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I like the indoor controller. It can't do anything the outdoor panel can't do... except let me stay inside.

I like to see the water temperature at a glance from indoors without futzing with my phone or computer.

I like that a guest or dog-sitter can easily turn the spa & lights on and off without having to navigate the outdoor panel. The outdoor panel has functions I don't want anyone but me touching.

While programming, I could sit comfortably in a chair with the impenetrable manual in my lap until enlightenment occurred. My outdoor panel is at stand-up height and the sun always seems to be in my eyes when I need to use it.

Once programming is complete, ScreenLogic seems like overkill. I change the programming twice a year, at the beginning and end of solar heating season.

Oh, and it covers that big hole in the wall.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.