Cloudy Water Coming Into Pool From Jet

spacerobot

Aug 1, 2019
New York State
I had an issue with my pool this week. It had been a little cold over the last week so we weren't swimming. I had the cover on. I noticed a couple days ago the water was seriously cloudy. I shocked the pool and that did the trick. Pool is clear as can be now. All chem levels are reading good. I was in the pool and noticed the jet circulating water into the pool looked like it was putting cloudy looking water into the pool. My thoughts are wondering about my filter. It is a cartridge filter. I just got the pool in July of last year so the filter itself isn't even a year old. the filter was cleaned before closing last year. It's only been open this year for about a month so far. Looking at the pressure gauge it is reading 15 PSI. Do you recommend taking it apart and cleaning the filter again or could it be something else?

What was the clean pressure for the filter?

What are your pool water chemistry test results?

I took the filter out earlier. It was pretty dirty and full of junk. I cleaned it down with a hose and it looked white again. Once I turned everything back on it did not look so cloudy coming out. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.