Cloudy and want to drain 1/2

Jul 16, 2018
New Castle De
hello I have tried every chemical in the store to get this pool right it’s cloudy and has been for about 3 weeks now
we used floc last night and attempted to vacuum it moved all the settled debris around and now the cloud is back. Is there anyway I could drain half the water out and refill in about 87 degree temperature without ruining my liner

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

I suspect you do not have your own test kit. A process called SLAM Process can clear your water. Floc and pool store potions just make it worse and can plug up your filter.

You can drain half your water if you wish. Vinyl liners are not an issue in summer. Just be sure to leave at least 1 foot of water in the pool to keep it from shifting.

But you might not need to if you wait until you get a proper test kit to see what your water chemistry is.

Order a TF100 test kit
The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test.

I also have the SpeedStir. It makes testing much easier.

I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.