Geminisq

May 23, 2021
LargoFL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Everything was great after my SLAM. Got some rain and pool it's cloudy. Do I need to SLAM again?Here are my numbers (attached)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-20-10-37-55.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-20-10-37-55.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 55

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You added 2 ppm of FC. You had 1 ppm of FC. Your CYA is 40 ppm. Your target range for FC is 5-7. You need to add more liquid chlorine. Keep the FC at or above 5ppm. Depending on your loss each day, you may need to add 4 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine each day.

Reactions: duade
I understand that the test results are in ppm. I don't know how to calculate the ppm of chlorine I'm adding. I just add how many oz of chlorine that PM tells me to depending on my test results. So you don't think I need to go to SLAM level at this point?

I understand that the test results are in ppm. I don't know how to calculate the ppm of chlorine I'm adding. I just add how many oz of chlorine that PM tells me to depending on my test results. So you don't think I need to go to SLAM level at this point?
You need to add what the app calculates and then test a little while later to make sure you ended up where you expected. If you didn’t, then your pool may be larger than you estimated.

But you’ll need to add chlorine every day because it burns off in the sun.

Reactions: Geminisq
I have no idea. But you added a very small amount of chlorine. Not even enough to get to normal maintenance levels.
So should I not be doing what PM recommends, based on my test results?
You need to add what the app calculates and then test a little while later to make sure you ended up where you expected. If you didn’t, then your pool may be larger than you estimated.

But you’ll need to add chlorine every day because it burns off in the sun.
That is what I've been doing. So the 40 CYA level is not protecting my chlorine?

So should I not be doing what PM recommends, based on my test results?
Yes. But you have to use your knowledge to guide the app. If you need to be in SLAM, you need to tell the app that. You need to correct your CYA to 40 ppm as you cannot test a level of 35 ppm. If in maintenance, and you know your FC loss is more than 2 ppm, then adjust your goal FC level to the upper range, or even a tick above it, so when you factor in your loss, you stay well above the minimum.
The app is a tool. Knowledge needs to be applied to that tool to provide the results you need.

What did the OCLT show?

Yes. But you have to use your knowledge to guide the app. If you need to be in SLAM, you need to tell the app that. You need to correct your CYA to 40 ppm as you cannot test a level of 35 ppm. If in maintenance, and you know your FC loss is more than 2 ppm, then adjust your goal FC level to the upper range, or even a tick above it, so when you factor in your loss, you stay well above the minimum.
The app is a tool. Knowledge needs to be applied to that tool to provide the results you need.
I corrected the CYA level to 40 in the PM app. Is it not showing my correction to 40?
I told the app to show SLAM levels, that's because I feel like that's what needs to be done based on how my pool looks.
I'm not only relying only on what PM tells me, but also my own observations. I don't have the same knowledge as you, the reason I'm trying to learn.
Thank you.
What did the OCLT show?
No loss overnight.

You have two pools set up in your poolmath app, and the one that shows first has test results from last month. We have to scroll down to see current test data and that may be confusing some of the folks answering questions for you.

Since you have no overnight loss you don't show a need to slam at this time. How does your water look?

I know and I cannot figure out how to remove that 2nd pool from my account. When I first started navigating the site I had difficulty going between PM & PS. Water is cloudy and blue-green color. My picture won't upload on this thread Idk why.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.