Spring Valley, NY
What I have here is a 24500 gallon vinyl pool with the following #s:
FC=5
CC=.5
PH=8.2
TA =100
CH=275
CYA=40
I'm not sure where to go from here with the PH being high. What chemical agent can I use that won't effect anything else
I probably can afford to drop my TA some and help myself on the PH issue. But once I reach my TA level what can be used to bring the PH down without my other #s changing. Pool gets used a fair amount with lots of splashing of which I'm assuming brings up the PH. I don't have any water features that add to this problem. Thanks in advance, Allan

Re: Close but no cigar

Lower your pH using muriatic acid. Use PoolMath to determine amounts.

Only lower to 7.6. When it gets to 8, lower to 7.6. Your TA will come down and unless you are adding high TA fill water, your pH will stabilize.

(Not the pool in my signature)
What I have here is a 24500 gallon vinyl pool with the following #s:
FC=5
CC=.5
PH=8.2
TA =100
CH=275
CYA=40
:confused: I'm not sure where to go from here with the PH being high. What chemical agent can I use that won't effect anything else
I probably can afford to drop my TA some and help myself on the PH issue. But once I reach my TA level what can be used to bring the PH down without my other #s changing. Pool gets used a fair amount with lots of splashing of which I'm assuming brings up the PH. I don't have any water features that add to this problem. Thanks in advance, Allan

Your TA can go as low as 60 without problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.