Gold Supporter
Oct 26, 2020
Poway, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I just flushed my chlorine generator cell using a jet from my hot tub and it actually worked great. I don't recall anyone recommending doing that so I'm wondering if for some reason thats a no no. If not, im going to include it in my weekly maintenance protocol.

Other than adding scale to your hot tub, I do not see an issue.

Why in the world would you need to clean the SWCG once a week?? I have not had to clean mine in 7+ years.

Spa jets should be less powerful than a hose with nozzle so I don't see any benefit. Spa jets run at about 15 PSI while a typical hose is much higher pressure although yours may be an exception. Plus I would not want that scale to end up in the spa.

Once a week might not be necessary, but after 3 months of sitting in the corner of my tub it definitely needed a good flush. I cleaned up the bits of calcium left behind and will give the hose a try next time. Thank you both!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.