Circupool Universal 40 Direct Swap IC40?

cskid

Aug 7, 2016
Tampa/FL
Decided on a Circupool Universal 40 vs a RJ45 to replace my dead Intellichlor IC40. Looks like I’ll have to install a separate flow switch (IC40 was internal) but curious from this group if the Universal 40 cell would be a direct swap (unions, etc) for my old IC40. Appears the control modual for the Universal 40 would wire up to my timer exactly like the IC40 power modual did. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, FWIW decided on the Universal 40 vs RJ45 due to opaque vs clear cell housing (located in Florida) and less bells and whistles that are cool but don’t think I need. Let me know if I’m making a bad choice there. Thanks.

image.jpg

C,

I really doubt that the old unions will work on the new cell. But I do not know that for sure.

If you don't have a Pentair automation system, then going with a CircuPool set up makes sense to me.

The only downside I see is having to replumb assuming the unions won't fit.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: cskid
Hey CS !!! I’m with Jim that the unions are almost certainly still proprietary. You just know the units will be 3/4 of an inch off as well.

How handy are you ? If you’re capable and already out there cutting and gluing, a couple of valves and some new PVC aren’t too expensive. It would suck to have one of the other ball valves fail in the near future and be back out there redoing the other half. ‘Now’s the time’, they say. :)

Reactions: cskid and markayash
Hey CS !!! I’m with Jim that the unions are almost certainly still proprietary. You just know the units will be 3/4 of an inch off as well.

How handy are you ? If you’re capable and already out there cutting and gluing, a couple of valves and some new PVC aren’t too expensive. It would suck to have one of the other ball valves fail in the near future and be back out there redoing the other half. ‘Now’s the time’, they say. :)
Thanks for the response. Agree changes out the valves if I go with the CP makes sense. They are pretty old as we inherited when we moved in about 8 years ago and they get beat by the sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.