New Orleans
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Came home from a week vacation to find my chlorine level reduced to zero. No algae forming yet fortunately, so resorting to liquid chlorine.

My RJ45+ is a year old, and salt cell cleaned recently. Red “low salt” light was on but salt is around 3800ppm. Turned it off and then on, and that trouble light went away, but as you can hear and see in the videos, sounds like there is a short, and the low salt light is flickering.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any thoughts on it? I called Circupool but got a recording their office is closed, 1:15 PM on a Tuesday, 8/22/23.

Cant seem to figure out how to upload video off iPhone. Only showing photos as an option.

Something similar happened a couple weeks ago. I had a low salt warning with erroneous high temp reading. I contacted support at Discount Salt Pool. Mine was a common problem with the sensor in the cell. They provided instructions to change jumper settings in the controller. The temp reading locks at 77 degrees and the low salt warning went away. I had to purchase an updated flow switch with the temp/salt sensor built in for $38 (prorated). I received the sensor which fixed the unit.

Here is a screenshot showing the web address for the video:

1692730831085.png

There's also some info in the Wiki article:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't see the low salt light activated. Is the water temp accurate? 88 degrees?

Edit: I see it now.
Pretty close. I have a mercury thermometer I will check tomorrow but we’ve been in a hear wave for the last 6-8 weeks with temps around 100°. Water temp has been in the high 80°s and the high quality (lab quality) mercury thermometer has been within a few degrees of the Circupool readings.

Got my SWG back from CircuPool. Being only a year old I would have expected to pay nothing, but after I argued my point we compromised at $50.00 so fair enough. They replaced a circuit board and keypad and seems to be working fine now. Unfortunately now my Pentair pump froze and its only a few years old. Going to attempt a repair to un-seize it. Meanwhile I can throw balls into the pool and my German Shepherd can circulate the water for me.

Meanwhile I can throw balls into the pool and my German Shepherd can circulate the water for me.
ha ha ha laugh GIF by SBT - Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.