Circupool RJ-45 Production Test

I keep on seeing references to the "manufacture".

Discount Salt Pools is simply a distributor. As far as I can tell the Circupool business model is to import bulk quantities of SWG systems with their branding from various Chinese manufactures. That is why they have all the different models.

Discount Salt Pools likely gets the specifications from the Chinese manufactures and publishes what they are given. I doubt DSP has any designers or engineers who know anything about how the SWG systems are designed or built.

I think TFP has more technical knowledge about SWG systems then DSP has,

I doubt DSP has any designers or engineers who know anything about how the SWG systems are designed or built.

I think TFP has more technical knowledge about SWG systems then DSP has,
Exactly. That is why when I was discussing technical issues with DSP, they only wanted to know about the water chemistry. On the phone, they had no desire to discuss specific performance or technical issues. Not exactly sure who performs such diagnosis for DSP.

Reactions: HermanTX
Ive also gotta ask: Are DSP and Circupool literally the same operation? DSP is clearly branded as a retailer/distributor. Circupool is the brand name on the product so whether or not they are actually manufacturing the product, I’ll treat them like thats their role. If you call one vs the other for technical support, do you end up in the exact same department?

I bought mine through DSP. I called Circupool’s number for tech help and they told me to send the cell in for testing. Circupool already had all my info (from DSP) so if they’re not synonymous, there are obviously close ties.

It would be nice to see the manufacturer/distributor weigh in in this thread. They do have an online presence here - @circupool and maybe others too. DSP and Circupool are recommended here at TFP quite a bit. Knowing how they arrive at a specific rating for a cell and what the real life output is would certainly help when recommending their brand or choosing one for our personal use.

This is with the unit generating chlorine.

Should I be concerned about the low voltage?

Attachments

• 20220711_115139.jpg
    20220711_115139.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220711_115131.jpg
    20220711_115131.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220711_115233.jpg
    20220711_115233.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220711_115207.jpg
    20220711_115207.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220711_115150.jpg
    20220711_115150.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 3
This is with the unit not generating.

Attachments

• 20220711_091604.jpg
    20220711_091604.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220711_091611.jpg
    20220711_091611.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220711_091557.jpg
    20220711_091557.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220711_091638.jpg
    20220711_091638.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220711_091618.jpg
    20220711_091618.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 1
Should I be concerned about the low voltage?
Looks quite similar to my stats noted above. Each time it goes into Generating mode those numbers will change a bit. Like mine, the volts seem to be on the lower end of the acceptable range which might speak towards a weaker FC production rate, but your SWG is producing chorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Discount Salt Pools is simply a distributor. As far as I can tell the Circupool business model is to import bulk quantities of SWG systems with their branding from various Chinese manufactures.

I've also gotta ask: Are DSP and Circupool literally the same operation? DSP is clearly branded as a retailer/distributor.

The company is Pace Research Ltd. DBA (Doing Business As) Discount Salt Pools and Circupool is one of their brand names.

Other companies registered to the same people are PoolBids Inc. and Pace Aero Corp.

Last edited:
Looks quite similar to my stats noted above. Each time it goes into Generating mode those numbers will change a bit. Like mine, the volts seem to be on the lower end of the acceptable range which might speak towards a weaker FC production rate, but your SWG is producing chorine.
Okay, thank you for the response but now I'm concerned. The unit is literally a few months old. Does this warrant a call to tech support over at circupool aka salt discount?

Or is this normal and just stick with the unit? You guys know the 7 year warranty is not a full warranty. It's limited with each year that passes after the first year.

Does this warrant a call to tech support over at circupool aka salt discount?
All I can do is pass along is what they told (or asked) me when I called about mine. Even though the manual publishes an acceptable range for volts/amps, it appears from replies thus far our numbers (volts and amps) are somewhat typical based on like items. So unless your unit is displaying a fault or zero chlorine, there may not be much to dispute. Certainly your call though. As I noted earlier, my first two seasons I operated at 30% output just fine, but this year it struggled. Not sure if it is related to age (on its 3rd year) or if there was some sort of chemistry anomaly since I passed two OCLTs, but it seems to be doing a little better now so at least I'm back to 35%.

Pat, what about a weather pattern anomaly this year ? I saw my first mention yesterday of the 'heat dome' blanketing 1/3 of the country. I know from our winters, when they start naming it, it's bad.

Any chance the UV index is worse than its been the last couple years ? This was a mild winter for many and the summers flutuate just as much.

Pat, what about a weather pattern anomaly this year ?
It's always blazing hot & humid down here, nothing unusual. What I thought was a bit different this season was the wind. We've had about 3-4 months of extremely windy days non-stop. I'm out in the country farmlands and I watched the water each day for debris. I didn't see too much out of the ordinary blow into the pool, but I always wondered about the stuff I could not see with the naked eye. I passed OCLTs, but still wondered if something else was happening. :scratch:

Reactions: Newdude
It's always blazing hot & humid down here, nothing unusual
Obviously the overnight gain test would take the UV out of the equation but what if it's just a couple of unnoticeable degrees warmer this year and that messes with the cell output beyond the normal overstated output.

My heat pump was night and day difference season to season. Some level of that must come into play with SWGs. Maybe it's several unfavorable weather factors combining to reduce the output to a noticeable amount.

Before TFP I wouldn't have blinked if I needed 60% one year when the last year was 40%. That's one thing I got right. Oh. You want more FC ? Here ya go. Good girl.

• Wow
Reactions: Texas Splash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.