CircuPool RJ-30 PLUS vs CircuPool CORE-35, how to pick?

aztodd

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-35
Hello! I have a 10,000gal pool in the Phoenix area that I am planning on installing a salt water chlorine generator in.

I'm currently debating between the CircuPool CORE-35 Salt Chlorine Generator and the CircuPool RJ-30 PLUS Salt Chlorine Generator.

My main considerations are ease of maintenance, installation, and ongoing costs as the unit ages.

Between these two, I am leaning towards the Core-35 simply because I like that it is an all-inclusive unit, but am brand new to SWG tech and would appreciate any insight and recommendations anyone can share. Thank you in advance!

So, if money isn’t an issue, I also like the all-in-one aspect of the 35, and it has a longer warranty period as well.

Reactions: aztodd
I like my RJ30+, it actually outperforms its' ratings. The all-in-one design looks handy, but allow sufficient spacing and location to be able to see the controls. I retrofitted mine from an earlier pool to an existing equipment install. The Core35 would not have been an easy job.

Reactions: aztodd
So, if money isn’t an issue, I also like the all-in-one aspect of the 35, and it has a longer warranty period as well.

Their warranty is a joke. I recently had an issue with the fan for my RJ-45 that I bought in 2019 and used for 1.5 short Chicago seasons. They inflated the price of the replacement fan to $39 and wanted to charge ~$13 shipping fee for self-service. I could ship them the whole unit and pay for shipping + labor additionally.

No, thank you, I can get a reliable compatible fan for $10-$15 shipped from Amazon.

Hello! I have a 10,000gal pool in the Phoenix area that I am planning on installing a salt water chlorine generator in.

I'm currently debating between the CircuPool CORE-35 Salt Chlorine Generator and the CircuPool RJ-30 PLUS Salt Chlorine Generator.

My main considerations are ease of maintenance, installation, and ongoing costs as the unit ages.

Between these two, I am leaning towards the Core-35 simply because I like that it is an all-inclusive unit, but am brand new to SWG tech and would appreciate any insight and recommendations anyone can share. Thank you in advance!
I would look at the RJ60+ considering some of the questionable chlorine production numbers that Circupool advertises. There are a LOT of threads that bring them in to question. Not saying it's a bad unit, but if you can afford the bigger 60, I would recommend it.

It looks like the RJ30+ generates more chlorine daily than the Core 35 even though the Core 35 is rated for 35,000 gallons. Also, the Core 35 only allows adjustments in 25% intervals.

If it was me, I'd stick with the RJ30+ and definitely head the advice about keeping the control unit out of direct sunlight. A TFP member even built their own "birdcage" to cover their control unit from the sun . It looked like this:

Which model did you choose? I'm in the same situation. I'm building a 10K pool in Phoenix with Pentair VSP and am trying to decide between Core and RJ. I've got a pretty big solar setup so I can run the pump during the day inexpensively.

Which model did you choose? I'm in the same situation. I'm building a 10K pool in Phoenix with Pentair VSP and am trying to decide between Core and RJ. I've got a pretty big solar setup so I can run the pump during the day inexpensively.
I went with the core35 mainly because it worked better installation-wise with the existing piping and electrical. If you think you will want more fine-grained control over output then you should provide go with the RJ model.

I just run my core35 at 100% and use an outdoor wifi plug to adjust runtime between 4-6 hours each day. It's been working great so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.