Camarillo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have a Pentair VS filter pump and Jandy Aqualink RS-6 automation (more details in sig). Based on my reading in other threads, the Circupool RJ60+ seems like the best SWG, but is there a SWG that would be more compatible with my setup?

All of the relays are being used already. What about using the filter pump relay to switch the SWG on and off as the filter pump is controlled? I haven't studied the wiring closely enough yet, but the pump is always powered, the automation controls the speed, so I'm not sure using the relay to control the SWG is even possible.

The 3 HP variable speed Pentair should be wired directly so it has power 24/7.. if you have that slot open on your controller you could use it :)

Reactions: nobody291
Thanks for the quick replies. I still need to study the wiring more, but I do know the pump is wired directly to the CB not to the relay. So, I need to figure out if the filter pump relay still gets switched even when a VS pump is being used, and controlled by the low voltage connections. Does anyone know if this is the case?

I'm moving along getting my SWG installation figured out. I'll plan to do a 90 out of the heater for a little ways, then 2 90s back for a foot or so of straight pipe into the SWG, then into the valve. I'd like to reuse the valve housing in the attached pic. As you can see the plumbing from the heater outlet to the valve is very short and already has a 90 elbow, 45 elbow, and coupling glued into that short space. Does it appear there would be a way to still use the valve housing, or will I need to get another? Jandy doesn't sell just the housing as far as I can tell, so I would need to get a complete valve?

Attachments

• PoolPlumb.jpg
    PoolPlumb.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.