Atlanta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have a leaking CircuPool VS pump and a SWG that has given me trouble for two seasons. I want to replace both and I'd like to upgrade to have some basic automation/app integration. In addition to the pump and SWG the pool has two lights. There is no spa or other element, the whole setup is super simple. What would you recommend for basic pool automation/pump/SWG package? From reading, it seems like Pentair might have the edge but I'm not sure what system I should buy. Install will be DIY.

Geoff,

If you bought a IntelliFlo3 with a relay card.. It has app control, plus, the relay card could control your SWCG and your pool lights. (One relay for the SWCG and one for the lights..) Not sure about color changing lights...

I'd get the one with card and display..

But they also have..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you Jim! That does seem simple enough. Does it matter which SWCG I choose? Any advantage to staying with Pentair? Last, I completely forgot that we do have a cleaner pump. Could I connect/control this as well via relay card or would that require something larger?

Geoff,

The relay card only has two relays, so you can only control two things... :(

I am a very big fan of Pentair stuff, but I would not use a Pentair SWCG unless I have a Pentair automation system

The relay in the IntelliFlo3, will turn any SWCG on and off.. You would have to adjust the SWCG output manually.

Thanks,

Jim R.