Chlorine smell after passing all SLAM test?

IDGT

Aug 22, 2018
Jupiter / Florida
Hello,
I understand when the FC/CYA are at the ideal levels per TFP there is no chlorine smell. My current SLAM appears to be complete, all test passing with flying colors. I started the SLAM due to the FC slipping under the range as I moved over to a SWG pool which caused a strong chlorine smell and minor algae “dust”.
My question is due to the higher amount of chlorine added during the SLAM (FC:24/CYA:60) is it normal to smell the chlorine while SLAMING until the FC levels align back with the CYA per the ratio. I just don’t want to end the SLAM and still have the chlorine smell/algae present.
Thanks

What is your CC level? That is what is typically associated with the chlorine smell.
Currently CC is 0.0
I tested the pool last night at 10pm then again at 4:30am this morning and the CC is 0.0. I just didn’t know if there would be a chlorine smell while the pool is at SLAM level and all the algae is dead, filtered through, gone etc...

*To put another way if you brought a pool that has no algae bloom/growth up to SLAM level would you smell the chlorine?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.