Perfection, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I have finished my transition from a 14K abv to the new ~32K igv. Last year I used lc (had too many higher priority items to replumb for the swcg.) Typical usage was 1gal per day. Cya then was 30, kept the water at a FC of 4-5 perfectly. This year I installed my RJ30+ (1.5# per day.) Knowing that it was undersized by TFP standards I opted to install a Speck VS pump to run 24/7 @ 200 watts (I may drop that as I fine tune the system) rather than replace the cell. Why throw a perfectly good cell away..... My expectations were that 75% run time might be sufficient to maintain 5% with Cya of 70. When my FC reached 15 I started backing off the run cycle. I'm now down to 40% run cycle and the FC has slowly dropped to 10. The shape of the pool makes it hard to estimate - 19X39 with an 8 ft deep end, sloped sides. Either the RJ 30+ is overproducing or the pool is a bit smaller than the volume I'm using. The previous owner said it was 35K per the pb. I didn't argue but knew better. Is my math off that far or am I just having good fortune from an exuberant swcg?

Depending what your average pool depth is your pool gallons can be from 22000 if 4 feet to 28,000 if 5 feet. That is a 20% variance that can effect SWG calculations.

I don’t know how you get 32K.

V,

Sounds about right to me... Your cell in a 30K pool will increase your FC by 6 ppm at 100% output and run 24/7..

At 75% output that is still 4.5 per day.. This time of year, with a CYA of 70, I would expect your pool to only use 2 or 3 ppm per day..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, JR. I used Pool Math with an average depth of 6'. The shallow end is pretty short, hard to calculate an average depth with the configuration. It's rectangular, that's where the ~32K comes from. PM calculates it @ 32,400. Since swcg are rated on a 24 hour runtime I was surprised to get that much output at a reduced rate. I'm not complaining, just curious. I will, of course, monitor it closely and tweak it as needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.