Changing VS+SVRS settings via EasyTouch panel

shoot_the_goalie

May 15, 2018
NY
I have a Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump (which I'm not a fan of because of it's hyper-sensitivity, but currently living with it). I'm trying to access the SVRS auto-restart & ramp speed settings, but the EasyTouch panel disables the on-board controls of the pump. Is there a way to adjust the SVRS settings through the EasyTouch? Or do I need to detach the communication cable, change settings on the on-board, and then reattach the communication cable? Thanks.

Shoot,

I too have the pleasure of having the SVRS version of the IntelliFlo pump, and I share your misery.

Just put the panel in the Service Mode and then use the pump's display to make any changes..

I found that my changes made little difference in the pump going into a fake entrapment mode.. :(

I just learned not to turn off the air relieve valve too quickly, never let the water level drop below 1.5" at the skimmer mouth, and to never, ever, try to restart the pump when a water feature is running.

Every pool and pump is a little different of course..

Good Luck,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim! I adjusted my ramp speed to 100rpms from the default 200rpms using your advice. So far so good. Hope it helps to reduce the nuisance tripping. The SVRS is so frustrating (trips almost every time I use my spa), but unfortunately an SVRS system or a gravity drain system is required by NYS code, even though I have dual drains w/ approved covers. I would switch to a non-SVRS Intelliflo in a heartbeat if I could.

Shoot,

Have you actually checked with the city?? Almost all pool companies say it is a "requirement", but in almost all cases it is an "option" that will work and not a requirement for residential pools.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.