Dead Control Panel for Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST

PatMcL

May 12, 2023
St. Louis MO
My control panel is dead. No buttons, no way to turn on the system. At one point, I disconnected the wiring harness of the control panel and when I plugged it back in, there was a message on the screen stating "ALARM! power off" While the message was on, I tried to use the power button but it did not work. None of the buttons worked. After about 30 seconds, the screen went dark again, back to square one.

My assumption is that the pump malfunctioned or overheated somehow, but is there a way to reset or restart this dead panel? The pump is 8 yrs old and has not given us any trouble before. I did recently change the RPM settings to allow for fewer RPM during the day and higher during the night. Prior to me changing the settings, the pump was running at 3300 rpm all the time, per the pool company that started up the system.

Any ideas?

Pat,

The pump's control panel could be dead or you could just have lost either L1 or L2 AC power to the pump.

You need to use a voltmeter and measure the two hot leads (L1 and L2) right where it goes into the pump.

Do not measure L1 to ground and the L2 to ground as this can give you a false reading.

If your test shows 240 Volts AC between L1 and L2, then most likely the pump is bad.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.