Changes in Kroger Bleach

Aug 27, 2016
Duncanville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I usually get my bleach from Kroger. The available chlorine used to be 7.86%. I just noticed that they have changed it to 5.7%. That makes a huge difference in the amount of chlorine needed. Clorox is 5.7% also. If there is another brand I should start getting please let me know!

Some in Texas use the HEB store brand. It remains the 8.25% plain bleach, for now.

Most Clorox bleach has 'Cloromax Technology'. Do not use that in your pool.

Reactions: canjones
I noticed in the last few months the Kroger brand concentrated bleach went from 8.25% to 6%. Same price same "concentrated" label. So, now they have concentrated at 6% and regular strength at 6%. :crazy: I switched over to Lowes Kemtek 10% liquid chlorine today for my mini-slam. It is around $3.60 vs 3.00 for lots more chlorine molecules.

Reactions: canjones
Walmart in the pool section sells 10% liquid chlorine for 3.64 a gallon. Thats a much better deal when you calculate the cost of the sodium hypochlorite.
Check the date! I picked up some last week at out local WM and it was all 18 351...so already 3.5 months old.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Seems like there is a unique regulatory problem in Big D about higher concentrations of bleach. I'd try to call HASA for a distributor or try janitorial suppliers near you. Or one better, convert to SWG.

I hope this helps.

Chris

how can you tell how old it is?
There will be a stamp on it that shows something to the effect of 19 034. The "19" is the year, and "034" is the Julian date which is how many days of the year that has progressed. Here is a chart...

And a pic of the last stuff I bought at WM...notice the date of 18 352.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: jarcher89
The manager didn't even know I bet. The website suddenly has the 121oz bottles removed and the smaller bottles of bravo concentrated still state 8.25. The bottles now don't even show a percentage on them as of last week.

The manager didn't even know I bet. The website suddenly has the 121oz bottles removed and the smaller bottles of bravo concentrated still state 8.25. The bottles now don't even show a percentage on them as of last week.

You sure they dont show the percentage? Every bottle I looked at did. As far as I remember, its only the HCF bleach that doesnt show it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.