Century b855 pump tripping breaker immediately

M,

Tell us more.. Is this a new install or has the pump been running fine and now will not run and pops the breaker..

If the pump has been running and now won't, I would assume the pump is bad.

How old is the pump/motor?

I suppose it could be a shorted starter cap.. You can just disconnect the cap and see what happens... The pump won't run of course, but if the breaker does not pop with the cap disconnected, then I would replace the cap and see what happens..

Does the pump turn with power off??

Thanks,

Jim R.

M,

Tell us more.. Is this a new install or has the pump been running fine and now will not run and pops the breaker..

If the pump has been running and now won't, I would assume the pump is bad.

How old is the pump/motor?

I suppose it could be a shorted starter cap.. You can just disconnect the cap and see what happens... The pump won't run of course, but if the breaker does not pop with the cap disconnected, then I would replace the cap and see what happens..

Does the pump turn with power off??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you for the reply. I ended up taking the motor into a shop and it was shot. I replaced the motor, seals, and gaskets and everything is running great now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.