Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
There are lots of threads that say should I do a SLAM? Is it time for a SLAM?...

With longer, warmer days, from time to time I fail to appropriately adjust my SWG. Something will be a little off. Chlorine levels not quite what I want them to be, pool just a bit cloudier than ideal. By bringing the chlorine to SLAM level immediately, within a day or so everything is great again, we pass all the SLAM exit criteria, and all is good!

I just wanted to mention this, because there are many threads that might make folks think that a SLAM must be a long drawn out process. Catch it early, and your pool can be trouble free again sooner than you think!

So true! Probably why I’ve never had to do a full-blown SLAM. Just a little “practice“ one after a heavy rain and high chlorine consumption from a bunch of junk getting into the pool. I call it preventative maintenance. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.