Can’t get my pool light fixture out, please help

sloanhaus

Apr 14, 2021
Orlando FL
I am trying to replace my pool light fixture and having a really hard time. I disconnected the ground wire in the pool but for the life of me can’t figure out where it goes. I have a spa light and pool light and have disconnect both. Neither pvc tube has the ground wire in it. I have tried pulling the ground wire and the light wire with my golf cart and they snap before they move. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Did you disconnect the light power wires at the light junction box?

A separate, 8ga, wire inside a light conduit is the bond wire. You can look up pool electrical bonding elsewhere. It should be connected to a bonding lug inside the light niche and then encapsulated with a special compound so as to not corrode off. It is then connected inside the light junction box to one of the bonding lugs there. You should not have to pull that wire if the builder did the job correctly by pulling and installing that wire first and then the light cord.

As was said above the bond wire is not your problem.

Pulling out the light wire can go very easy or very difficult. If the wire goes through a 90 degree elbow it can become difficult. Here are some prior threads discussing how to handle pulling a light wire. Lots of good tips in the threads about using lube, pulling from both directions, using a rope puller, and more....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.