Can’t clear up my pool

Pools looked like this for 2 weeks. Chlorine is non existent, other chemicals are in range, phosphates were high, went through 2 bottles of phosfree, put 5 lbs of shock in, 3 bottles of clarifier, 4 chlorine tabs at 1/2 on the chlorinator and I even changed the sand in the filter today. Vacuuming and backwashing everyday. Adding and dropping water level everyday. Still looks like this. Any tips, supposed to have a pool party for my sons birthday on Saturday.

Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Primary tenant of TFP is proper testing. Get a proper test kit. Now. Link-->Test Kits Compared

To clear your pool, stop adding phosphate removers, clarifiers and other potions.

Print this out. Read it three times. Keep it in your back pocket. When your test kit arrives, start the process. Link-->SLAM Process

Add 5ppm of liquid chlorine a day until your test kit arrives.

Sincerely,
PoolStored.

Reactions: Brian PacNW
Also, you may want to direct your return to not kick up as much of a splash on the surface of your water - that will affect your PH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.