Cloudy water after a storm

tagteamcomputing

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
Tulsa, OK
My water was clear and then we had a storm come through. After the storm the water turned a little bit cloudy and has stayed that way for the last three days ( some more storms in that time too)
My readings are
CL : 9.5
PH: 7.8
TA: 120
CYA: 70
CH: 275
Salt: 2600

I purchased some salt and I am going to bump it up to 3,000. I think I should bump up my CH to 350.
I bought some phosphate stuff today, but I have heard that that stuff is sometimes a gimmick
Any thoughts?
Thanks

If a heavy storm washes in extra runoff, that's a bunch of pollen and whatnot that simply needs time and circulation to fix. This time of year there's really nothing you can do ahead of time.

Increase filter time if it wasn't already 24/7 until it's clear. Bump the FC just for good measure in the meantime.

Running your pump less because of a suction side leak is not a good idea. I would try to find the leak.

I am happy for you that phosphate remover worked. It doesn't for virtually anyone else.

It sounds to me like you are getting some runoff from the decking into the pool......is that possible?

I have already found the leak, it is actually two small leaks. I have cut the concrete and dug it out and now just waiting for some good weather to fix it.
Yes, it could be run off from the deck. I have a Pecan tree dropping its flowerings all over the place.

Yes, it could be run off from the deck
It could also just be the sideways rain washing the nearby foliage off, never touching the patio.

The pool is like a giant vacuum in the ground because whether aerial or runoff, it eats both, where they would continue along if the pool wasn't there.

It's the same in fall once the leaves drop. You suck up any leaves that fall directly into the pool, which is one thing. But then you also suck up any leaves blowing that direction. And tomorrow it blows the other direction. Then another - other direction. And jeez Louise just clean 360 degrees of the yard or they'll all swim at some point. 🤦‍♂️