Can I slam within 5 hours of my initial slam in order to reach my Slam FC?

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My first slam was done at 4PM and there was still a lot of sunlight.

it’s now 5 hours later and the initial slam actually worked great and got rid of the green of the dark green water (I had to close for 3 weeks due to repairs).

Would it be wrong to Slam again so quickly just to bring the FC back to my recommended slam level?

It is important to keep your FC at SLAM level - testing at least twice a day or possibly more if you able to. There are 3 criteria to pass in the SLAM Process. Let us know when you have achieved that.

You need to read the SLAM article (link in my signature). SLAM stands for Shock Level And Maintain - in other words, raising your FC to Shock Level frequently and maintaining that level until you pass three tests (no algae, losing 1 FC or less overnight, and having 0.5 or less CC).

I’m in the middle of a SLAM too... here is my thread. Notice I’m testing and raising FC back to SLAM level every three hours or so. You can do it less frequently, but I would aim for at least 4 times a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.