C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still praying for y’all here in the ‘Sip @Casey 🙏🙏🙏
Thank you. He's not improving but he's not severely declining either. His heart rate went up yesterday and his white blood cell count is high from the infection. They have him restrained n on ativan. I'm still holding on for a miracle. We'll see what he can handle. I was requested to send in his medical will yesterday and was asked about the layout of the house for when he comes home. I go back to work on the 17th.

Reactions: Mdragger88
He is certainly in our prayers!

The Covid vaccine, heck - every vaccine is not 100% effective. But, for those who get Covid after the vaccine tend ot have much milder symptoms if any symptoms at all.

Sadly, this has become a political issue rather than a medical issue. Medical professionals I trust including family members say get it if you can, so I did.
I am still debating it, nothing to do with politics but more with the risk. Wife’s healthy boss had an stroke 5 minutes after her 2nd shot and her resting heart rate was 180.

• Wow
Reactions: KJB1
I am still debating it, nothing to do with politics but more with the risk. Wife’s healthy boss had an stroke 5 minutes after her 2nd shot and her resting heart rate was 180.
One thing I have noticed throughout this whole pandemic is this. It's the individuality how this Corona and the vaccine affects people. Working in a Prison and being essential, I've seen how it affected the men of every race, big, small, healthy or not. Some of my fittest men on the block were knocked down while an elderly man lost his smell n taste, probably fevered for a day n was fine. We just dont know how this will affect the next person!

One thing I have noticed throughout this whole pandemic is this. It's the individuality how this Corona and the vaccine affects people. Working in a Prison and being essential, I've seen how it affected the men of every race, big, small, healthy or not. Some of my fittest men on the block were knocked down while an elderly man lost his smell n taste, probably fevered for a day n was fine. We just dont know how this will affect the next person!
It’s weird, I just believe it’s everyone’s choice if they want to get it. I don’t get flu shots but take vitamin D which also has been proven to help.

Hope he gets better

Last edited:
Reactions: Bperry
I am anxiously awaiting more study and conversation on just what you pointed out - why are certain people affected so drastically different? Of course that takes time, and so many people are rushing for answers we just don't yet have. Similarly we've figured out a little bit about the cause of the myocarditis deaths from the vaccines, but we haven't figured out how to determine whether someone is at a higher risk yet.

I know a two guys who weren't vaccinated and got COVID/Delta, and had a pretty rough go at it. Your account of your husband's condition sounds pretty close to theirs. They were hospitalized until they felt they could handle their own care at home and released. Hospital encouraged them to try and stay upright and stay hydrated because of the pneumonia. They were left to use oxygen as they felt they needed it. Took a few weeks, but both have fully recovered. Praying your husband follows suit and is back on his feet soon.

In my non scientist/doctor opinion, I believe our predisposed genetics has everything to do with who gets hit hard. One’s future heart/ kidney/ liver issues or other conditions that haven’t arisen yet would all be buried in that persons genes. We just don’t have the capabilities to see who is predetermined and who isn’t yet.

Sure there are things that can be brought on or made worse by life choices, like obesity or Type 2 diabetes, but there all also those that will have said conditions no matter what they do.

Gene markers and immune systems are vastly different person to person, even in the same immediate family. At our current abilities most of it seems random, but I believe one day we will be able to see all that years before it hits, possibly even treating/curing things ahead of time.

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus
I am anxiously awaiting more study and conversation on just what you pointed out - why are certain people affected so drastically different?

I do find it strange that being overweight or having diabetes seems to be a big risk factor. That doesn’t mean people not overweight or without diabetes don't get it, but odd that those are risk factors for a respiratory illness. I’d almost expect asthma sufferers to have a higher risk factor, maybe they do?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Me & my daughter (14) got ours 1st not long after they were readily available at the pharmacy vs waiting in a big line @ a vaccination site.
What spurred me to action was her friend/teammate- her whole family was positive & her dad (who is the same age as me & my husband - late 30’s) was hospitalized & died. He declined rapidly. They couldn’t visit with him or anyone else (or have a funeral) because they were all positive (even though they were not all sick). It was a very lonely & sad time for their family and especially the kids. It really scared my daughter & made it quite real to her instead of just stories on the news.
My husband got his as a requirement for work not long after us -
they do alot of work @ St.Jude & Lebohneur.
My son will be getting his soon (he just turned 12 a few days ago).

Reactions: Casey
In my non scientist/doctor opinion, I believe our predisposed genetics has everything to do with who gets hit hard. One’s future heart/ kidney/ liver issues or other conditions that haven’t arisen yet would all be buried in that persons genes. We just don’t have the capabilities to see who is predetermined and who isn’t yet.

Sure there are things that can be brought on or made worse by life choices, like obesity or Type 2 diabetes, but there all also those that will have said conditions no matter what they do.

Gene markers and immune systems are vastly different person to person, even in the same immediate family. At our current abilities most of it seems random, but I believe one day we will be able to see all that years before it hits, possibly even treating/curing things ahead of time.
I have read a lot of stuff saying vitamin D and zinc help fight it.
What I don’t understand is why some get so sick but in the south we have stadiums full of yelling kids and adults ( 93k at Stanford stadium ) every week but no major out break.
Stay well everyone!

Reactions: Casey

I do find it strange that being overweight or having diabetes seems to be a big risk factor. That doesn’t mean people not overweight or without diabetes don't get it, but odd that those are risk factors for a respiratory illness. I’d almost expect asthma sufferers to have a higher risk factor, maybe they do?

I might be in the supposed lifestyle risk group mentioned above (it has a strong genetic component as I was skinny when it started with me at a fairly young age) but like I said I probably had COVID twice already and didn't even lose my taste either time. Certainly once. I had the same symptoms before my two kids got it and failed the Binax Nows the "second time". (By the time I took it I was clear. I thought it was a bad case of seasonal allergies before then.) I did take two rounds of Moderna mainly to get my mother to agree to move here (I am glad we did that before she passed two months after moving here.), so maybe it helped, maybe it didn't. If I had it the first time that was right at the beginning of the pandemic. My son at the time was tested and as I said had an "unspecified viral pneumonia", which four of the six of us got. My kids are Asian and adopted, so our genetic makeup is all over the place. My #2 is definitely affected worse by colds and flus than the rest of us.

Supposedly there are entire races of people who appear to be immune to it. I don't think we will ever know.. I will say that staying as active as possible is probably the best way to extend your life no matter what is wrong with you. Going inactive is what got my 87 yo mother I am convinced. She was working up until April 2020.

I am cautiously optimistic that the Omicron variant might be nature doing what virii tend to do long term for their survival.. become weaker and more virulent. I am hoping before long these mutated and muted strains take over and end this like the past pandemics. I think maybe the big vaccine push flattened the curve too much. But that's me. We will never know because there was no real control group.

Edit: I had not looked at Worldometers for a while, this convinced me to look today. I was very happy to see the fourth peak in cases with only a very small bump in deaths (worldwide on the main coronavirus page)-- I am very hopeful that we might be nearing the end of this.

Last edited:
They certainly do. But asthma sufferers or those who have repritory issues and/ or are immunocompromised make up a slim portion of the population. In in order of frequency, weight and cardiovascular issues are #1 and 2 so there is loads of data.

Many other conditions can be a nightmare too, like Cystic Fibrosis, COPD, emphysema etc, but occur at such a rare rate that it’s insignificant to the general population. Obesity on the other hand affects 42% of folks in the Us. Whether or not the other conditions that come with it have appeared yet, it only takes one organ to shut down when sick. If they are already all working overtime to keep up, one’s survival odds are decreased.

Type 2 diabetes fits a similar frequency. 1 in 10 Americans has it, but if you remove the younger population it’s many times more of those 40+.

They certainly do. But asthma sufferers or those who have repritory issues and/ or are immunocompromised make up a slim portion of the population. In in order of frequency, weight and cardiovascular issues are #1 and 2 so there is loads of data.

Many other conditions can be a nightmare too, like Cystic Fibrosis, COPD, emphysema etc, but occur at such a rare rate that it’s insignificant to the general population. Obesity on the other hand affects 42% of folks in the Us. Whether or not the other conditions that come with it have appeared yet, it only takes one organ to shut down when sick. If they are already all working overtime to keep up, one’s survival odds are decreased.

Type 2 diabetes fits a similar frequency. 1 in 10 Americans has it, but if you remove the younger population it’s many times more of those 40+.
My comment was more about the “why” of obesity and diabetes being linked to a respiratory ailment. Maybe that’s a question everyone would like an answer to though so likely not an obvious answer. Organs working overtime seems like a decent hypothesis.

My comment was more about the “why” of obesity and diabetes being linked to a respiratory ailment
Gotcha !! My un medically trained guess is that both diabetes and obesity open the doors for a host of other issues with the vital organs. And if they are already stretched thin, it only takes one organ to fail. Kidneys / liver / heart / etc :(

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.