Breaker tripping

Albert0746

May 11, 2022
Nj
Hi,
I have a Master spa LSX 1050 FST which we got second hand. Had electrician wire it up to gfi panel box. Needed to replace the control board and the sound system doesn’t work but other than that it’s fine. We use it with heater and all pumps and never trips. Randomly once every other week I’ll come outside and the hot tub display will be off. None of the buttons will work. I reset the breaker and it starts up again. At first I thought maybe a heavy rain was getting something wet but it happens even when it’s not raining. I’m sure there are a lot of variables so if you let me know what more info you need I’ll try to provide it. Thanks in advance,
Al

Welcome to TFP.

It is probably a failing heater or a leaking pump.

@RDspaguy may have more specific ideas.

Hi,
I have a Master spa LSX 1050 FST which we got second hand. Had electrician wire it up to gfi panel box. Needed to replace the control board and the sound system doesn’t work but other than that it’s fine. We use it with heater and all pumps and never trips. Randomly once every other week I’ll come outside and the hot tub display will be off. None of the buttons will work. I reset the breaker and it starts up again. At first I thought maybe a heavy rain was getting something wet but it happens even when it’s not raining. I’m sure there are a lot of variables so if you let me know what more info you need I’ll try to provide it. Thanks in advance,
Al

Is the breaker tripping, or are you turning it on and off? I am not clear here. When you say "reset the breaker" does it mean that the breaker tripped and there was no power to the tub, or that there was power but the tub was not working and you cycled it on and off?

Also, how random is "once every other week"? If it really is once every other week, take a look at what is scheduled to happen every other week.

Last edited:
Is the breaker tripping, or are you turning it on and off? I am not clear here. When you say "reset the breaker" does it mean that the breaker tripped and there was no power to the tub, or that there was power but the tub was not working and you cycled it on and off?

Also, how random is "once every other week"? If it really is once every other week, take a look at what is scheduled to happen every other week.
So it’s random in other words it can go 5 days then trip then 11 days then trip. There doesn’t seem to be power as the display is off so I just go to the breaker and flip it off and then back on and the hot tub starts up again. Hope that clarifies. Unless what’s possible is that the hot tub is shutting off but the breaker is on. I k ow sometimes breakers don’t fully move to off position and I don’t really have way of testing the power coming out of the breaker

So it’s random in other words it can go 5 days then trip then 11 days then trip. There doesn’t seem to be power as the display is off so I just go to the breaker and flip it off and then back on and the hot tub starts up again. Hope that clarifies. Unless what’s possible is that the hot tub is shutting off but the breaker is on. I k ow sometimes breakers don’t fully move to off position and I don’t really have way of testing the power coming out of the breaker

OK, so it is random, so I guess that eliminates looking at any sort of timed cycle, like an other pump or something coming on.

When a breaker trips, it does move a little. If it is on, and you try to push it into the on position, it will not move (because it is already in the on position)
When it trips it moves a little bit out of on, but not into off. You can push it into the on position and it will move a bit, but it will not stay there. You have to flip it to off and then on to get it to reset. Next time it trips you can check it that way, by seeing if there is any movement into the ON position before you reset it.

I doubt it is the tub shutting down on it's own, but with a used tub that needs a new control board, you never know.

OK, so it is random, so I guess that eliminates looking at any sort of timed cycle, like an other pump or something coming on.

When a breaker trips, it does move a little. If it is on, and you try to push it into the on position, it will not move (because it is already in the on position)
When it trips it moves a little bit out of on, but not into off. You can push it into the on position and it will move a bit, but it will not stay there. You have to flip it to off and then on to get it to reset. Next time it trips you can check it that way, by seeing if there is any movement into the ON position before you reset it.

I doubt it is the tub shutting down on it's own, but with a used tub that needs a new control board, you never know.
Ok great. So far has been on will check breaker once it trips. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.