Booster pump not coming on, communication lost error

Yes it did start as soon as we changed the pump. I will take pics tomorrow and I will need you to please walk me through it every step of the way to do the wire switches. I never done anything like that before. Thank you Jim!!

Good morning Jim, here attached are pics and I took a video just in case but I could not attach it. I wait to hear from you. I hope these pics are good enough.

Attachments

• IMG_3148.jpeg
    IMG_3148.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3146.jpeg
    IMG_3146.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3147.jpeg
    IMG_3147.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3145.jpeg
    IMG_3145.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 8
P,

With all your EasyTouch circuit breakers turned off... I need you to move two black wires. All the other wires stay where they are.
See the pic below...

Move the black wire on Pin 2 of the pump filter relay over to Pin 1
Move the black wire on Pin 4 of the pump/filter relay over to Pin 3

Let me know if you don't understand anything before you do it.

Once you have moved the two wires you can turn everything back on.

It might take 5 minutes, but everything should come back up. Once that happens, go into the Service mode and the display on your VS pump should have a display showing RPM or similar info and the button on the pump should work. (It should not be blank like it was before)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Pieroz1.jpeg

Jim -- is the automation transformer wired to the Line side of the Filter/Pump relay? Is that a good idea?

Marty,

It appears that the SWCG transformer is wired to the load side of the relay, like it should be.

The System transformer is wired to the Line side of the relay. Not how I would have done it, but it will work.

The problem of course, is that if the pump Circuit Breaker pops, it will shut off the whole EasyTouch. I would have wired it to its own breaker.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am having a bit of trouble in putting these two wires under the screw. The screw is too short and they become thicker together.
P,

I was trying to make this a simple as possible and did not think of that..

A better way to do this would be to take the two black wires that we want to connect to pin 1 and wire-nut them together with a jumper going to pin 1

Do the same for the two black wires we want to connect to pin 3.

Here is a pic of a wire nut and pig tail... (Just an example)

ET mike2.jpg

Do you have any friends that have done any electrical work at all? If so, they probably have wires nuts and wire.

If not, you can just move the wires back for now.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim, I just could not put these wires together. I think I am going to call someone as it is quite frustrating. One thing we determined, thanks to you, the booster works and the pool pump is functioning (after all it is brand new).
The communication loss is still there, and when I put it to service, the pool pump screen disappears. The screen logic app is also not communicating with the pump.

P,

The reason you have a com problem, and the pump screen goes blank, is because the two wires that power the pump are on the wrong side of the pump/filter relay.

Tell whoever does the work to just follow my instructions and your problem with go away. All he will need is two wire nuts and a couple of short pieces of wire.

Thanks,

Jim R.

P,

Yes, Home Depot or Lowe's has it.

12 gauge, Insulated stranded copper, for 240 volts, black.

You only need about 2 feet of it at most.

Plus two wire nuts for connecting each set of three 12 gauge wires together.

Just tell them what you want and they should fix you right up.

You might need a tool to strip the ends of the new wires. You can use just about anything, but.. he who dies with the most tools wins.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.