fish_19

In The Industry
Mar 7, 2022
Corona, Ca
Hello! I own a pool company here in Southern California. I was getting a lot of info about bond beam repair because I think I am ready to offer that as a service. I was curious though, from all of the information I gathered in all my research (while 95% confident I can handle the job and it be well done), I am not sure what to charge! haha. I have read in a few different places there can be expected an average of about $75 per linear foot to chip (and save) the bullnose red coping bricks and the tile, clean rotted bond beam, a re-pour beam with rebar, and then re attach the tile and coping. It just seems cheap to me, not sure. The other thing is, the it is spaced out in about 4 different sections (based on the hollow sounding taps on coping), of 6-10 feet each. Should that increase or decrease the price. Thanks for any info!

Welcome to TFP :)

We are a bunch of homeowners/poolowners and a few that work for or own companies that do pool work..

I would not try to Save anything from the old install.. I would tear it all out and start from scratch with everything new... Let them pick out and you Get prices for all new tile line, coping and then charge for tear out and then charge for repairing the bond beam... Maybe have a stepped price payout for how much damage you find and have to repair on the bond beam... This puts you in a great position to offer a brand new pool bond beam, coping and tile to them..

Reactions: fish_19
Tried that option but since it was very simple red bullnose coping they opted to reuse what we could save. I broke ground on it on Saturday and tore out (and managed to save most of the coping and tile) and the bond beam was actually not too bad. I quoted him on $100/foot and am going to bring it down to $85/foot since most of the disintegration was to the thin set under the coping and not much to the bond beam at all. My next visit there will to be to concrete up any patches the bond beam needs and then lay the coping back with better thinset. Since it is my first job doing this, I didnt want to get ahead of myself with chasing an entire new bond beam and tile and coping. But its definitely my plan to learn so that I can do that!

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.