Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2019
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good morning, I continue to have challenges finding regular liquid chlorine at any locations but I came across this regular bleach at a market. Has anyone else use this particular product? The container doesn’t say anything about the strength of The sodium Hydro chlorine. I even checked the safety data sheets and it doesn’t indicate the percentage of strength just wondering thanks

Attachments

• E85BE615-B322-4751-AA48-7D827CA11905.jpeg
    E85BE615-B322-4751-AA48-7D827CA11905.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Leebo
That is a product which is bottled down here in Mx where i live. The owners are actually friends of ours, but i dont buy them for the same reasons you state, they dont list what it contains. My best guess is 6%. Since they say its 3 in 1, it probably has polimers of some kind.

Never tried this particular brand, but once, in a pinch, I bought two gallons of something similar. Took it home and tested with my TF100 kit. Result: not quite 4%. Basically just 96% water. :mad: Someone on the forum once stated that if the percentage is not listed, there's a reason. I agree...

Incidentally, I saw some plain old Clorox (no Cloromax, Splashless, etc.) 7.5% at Walmart the other day for around $6.00/gallon. I believe it just said "disinfecting concentrate" with a COVID-19 symbol on the label. Pricey, but it might work in your situation. My 10% pool chlorine has degraded to about 7%, but still works fine. Just remember if you change strengths, you will also need to do it in Pool Math.

Good luck!
G.

Thanks. This explains why it’s so inexpensive at $1.67 a bottle. It likely doesn’t have any strength at all. Time to go back to Walmart and buy their regular bleach.

Enjoy your weekend.

If it doesn’t list the % it’s probably quite low - 3 or 4% but in a pinch u gotta do what u gotta do.
I used to go for the “cleaning” bleach but now it’s all lemon flavored 🤣
Luckily my local pool store does the refillable jugs & so far they’ve never been out when i needed it.

Good morning, I continue to have challenges finding regular liquid chlorine at any locations but I came across this regular bleach at a market. Has anyone else use this particular product? The container doesn’t say anything about the strength of The sodium Hydro chlorine. I even checked the safety data sheets and it doesn’t indicate the percentage of strength just wondering thanks
Find your nearest Pinch a Penny pool store. They sell fresh 2.5gal LC (10%). Alternatively, go to Home Depot where they sell a box of 4 (1 gal each) jugs. But they reduce their inventory as we move into fall so Pinch A penny always has LC.

I went to closest HD and Lowe’s near me and they’re out with no update of when they will get more. Yes HD, when they have it it’s a 4 pack now for about $17 with tax.

So do you just save your empty gallon containers and refill them at pinch a penny?

So do you just save your empty gallon containers and refill them at pinch a penny?
I don't. I'm not even aware of Pinch-a-Penny's in our area. My local HD said they stock on Saturdays. I just got lucky to find some.

I went to closest HD and Lowe’s near me and they’re out with no update of when they will get more. Yes HD, when they have it it’s a 4 pack now for about $17 with tax.

No, Your first purchase is LC plus the 2.5 gal container. Then just exchange that container each time you go back - like a propane tank for a BBQ pit (if you have that). Also, after 10 purchases you get a free refill, so you get your money back on that container you had to make. The great thing about Pinch A Penny is that they always have LC and it is usually fresh because they refill their storage tank often. It not like at HD where you may get a box of LC that is 3 months old (based on the mfg. date stamped on the box). I know pool stores are frowned upon but Pinch A Penny are franchise stores so you are really helping a small local business owner and if all you are buying is LC and maybe some spare parts for a cleaner or baskets for your skimmer, it is helping your community.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.