Bleach prices 2013

djscotty14 said:
How is Costco for Bleach cost? I have been buying at Target and it was around 2.59 a gallon for 8.25. Went over to Walmart as I was running low and it was **** near 3.00 for 8.25. I live in California and do not have a Menards. I know Home Depot was right around $3.00 as well.

YMMV, but I went to Costco yesterday, and they have 3 jugs of 121 oz 8.25% for $9.39.

Aldi's Tandil 6% 96 oz @ $1.29 for .22 an oz. Same as the end of last year. Just checked Walmart, HTH 2 bottle box of 10% for 256 oz @ $6.47 for .25 an oz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Richard320 said:
djscotty14 said:
How is Costco for Bleach cost? I have been buying at Target and it was around 2.59 a gallon for 8.25. Went over to Walmart as I was running low and it was **** near 3.00 for 8.25. I live in California and do not have a Menards. I know Home Depot was right around $3.00 as well.
Costco was about $3/ gallon last time I looked.

OSH had some 12.5 on sale a few weeks ago. Lowes has pallets of the stuff out right now, too. I buy mine is refillable jugs from the local independent pool store. I think I paid $14.40 for 4 gallons a couple weeks ago.
Okay, been to Costco, stopped and got some prices.

Chlorox, 3@121 oz = $8.98
Baking Soda 13.5lb bag $6.16

I was just at lowes and could not find any 12.5%. Is it called outdoor bleach under lowes brand. Now they have chlorinating liquid 10% in the pool section for right under $7.00 for two gallons. Will check out osh as well.

Why can't I find any good deals down here?

Pool Stores are $10 or $12 for 2 gallons of 10%. Cheapest I found thus far is the Walmart brand which is still ~$0.30/oz

Need to check Costco next time I am there ... or just bite the bullet and get the SWG going :hammer:

I went to Home Depot tonight and saw in the gardening section they have 2 gallons 10% for $5.89, which is the best price I've found locally. Is there any reason why I should avoid it? The boxes don't seem to be particularly old, dusty, or otherwise give me the impression that they've been on the shelf for a long time.

thehowheels said:
I went to Home Depot tonight and saw in the gardening section they have 2 gallons 10% for $5.89, which is the best price I've found locally. Is there any reason why I should avoid it? The boxes don't seem to be particularly old, dusty, or otherwise give me the impression that they've been on the shelf for a long time.

I seem the same stuff at Lowes. Now it was called chlorinating liquid but did not say bleach. Now the ingreidents say the same as bleach with 10% so I am wondering if it is the same as bleach or something else

thehowheels said:
2 gallons 10% for $5.89
(5.89/2)/(128*0.10)= $0.23/oz NaClO...pretty good

djscotty14 said:
I seem the same stuff at Lowes. Now it was called chlorinating liquid but did not say bleach. Now the ingreidents say the same as bleach with 10% so I am wondering if it is the same as bleach or something else
Yep, it is 10% bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.