Blank canvas in Laughlin, NV.

Final pool inspection scheduled for Tuesday. Tried for last Monday but I pushed the wrong button. Anyway, I'm gonna need some intellitouch/screenlogic help here in a bit. Got everything semi-working but it's got some bugs that I can't figure out.
Also gonna try to fire up swg AND intellichem here soon. More soon....happy mother's day to all the pool mom's.

Well, ladies and gentleman tomorrow is final inspection day. I would fail me. I think there are a few things that just ain't right. We'll see what transpires tomorrow. 🙃

Inspection went better than I thought it would. Have to fix a couple minor security wall things.
Both of which require using a shovel. Evidently I need a pool cover, which I didn't think was needed. An Amazon buy/return may be in the works.

Yesterday thought I'd tear some stuff up for the fun of it...
20220512_120626.jpg
I had 2 small drips in my pool equipment, I spent all day fixing, repainting the pool pipes, now I only have 1 drip. 🤬!
(Sacraficial anode was dripping at the "T' connector, so I bought a new 2" "T" glued it all together, when I was ready to screw it in, 2 hours later, it was then I realised that the anode had a special pool fitting, not just a regular 2" T!
So off the Home Depot to buy a 2" plug.
Screwed said plug into T, and low and behold it drips!) Might end up gluing it in.
I'm hoping to get everything done by next week, but we're leaving on vacation for 2 weeks so we'll see what happens.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nope pool cover needed for me and I live in North Vegas. If the PB knew in ordered to pass inspection he would have quoted the price of a cover in the beginning. I had to build up my wall by 1 row, and the gate had to be childproofed, and all that was in the original quote. I got it all for free.

You all in NLV have a very reasonable building department. They are efficient and transparent. Clark County, not so much.

Nothing in the 2018 Southern Nevada Pool Code. SNWA are pushing covers to reduce evaporation. I use one in the spring and fall to reduce evaporation and keep the pool warmer. But in a week it is going in the garage as the pool will be too hot if it is used during the summer.

Wait, North Las Vegas and Las Vegas are in different counties?
No. But NLV is a city. They have their own building department. Clark County building dept manages all areas not in a city. Which is the bulk of the LV Valley and also the rural areas.

Reactions: curtisb and Nikilyn
hey all, more on the pool cover situation tomorrow.
today I got to do some much needed manual labor. I,
20220518_183926.jpg
...got to dig out 6-8" of not sand to make front wall tall enough for code...
...and I pretty much killed my 3rd pool building wheel barrow! This poor guy didn't have a chance.
20220518_183708.jpg
I would've been pretty easy but it isn't nice smooth pretty sandy dirt. I'm pretty sure I had to dig up a fossilized 1940's mob barrel...

20220518_185616.jpg
Tomorrow will be should be (again) final final...
Anyway, I'm going to need screen logic/inteliitouch pro help very soon.

I talked to Pentair today and they verified that I had a problem.
My main vs pump was not turning on when scheduled. It worked fine on service mode but when I went to set it to turn on it wouldn't.
I found out that I (yes me) wired it wrong. It should have power ALL THE TIME not just when it is told to be on thru the relay.
Fixed that, but I still cannot get it to go in when scheduled. It clicks in the intellitouch load center but pump doesn't get to work...

I'm done for now...

Attachments

• 20220518_183926.jpg
    20220518_183926.jpg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220518_183708.jpg
    20220518_183708.jpg
    952.9 KB · Views: 5
ENTIRELY WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION AT 8:46PM. WILL ATTEMPT TO TRANSLATE IN THE MORNING...LOL 🙃 Note: cel phone battery is congruent with cel phone owners brain battery power....
Screenshot_20220518-204451_Chrome.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.