Best water test kit?

The K2006C was $129 on Amazon the other day. It is not designed with our way of doing things and the extra TA and CH reagents will go to waste as you will not be testing those but a few times a season.

The Tf-100 is $77 and the savings will buy you a smart stir which is the greatest thing since Betty White (forget sliced bread…… pffffft) AND almost all of the upcharge for the XL kit. As a new tester you will need to test FC daily or even twice daily until you become one with your pool. You will go through a lot more supplies in this stage and the XL kit is highly recommended because of it.

Then factor in the fresh TF-100 Vs The Who knows how long it’s been on a shelf K2006C. It used to be the same price but the higher recent price points to resales and more time on shelves waiting for the higher priced sale.

I went for the Taylor K2006C because at the time it was a little cheaper than the TF-100 and had free shipping. But if I were buying now and given the price differences, my choice may have been different.

Reactions: Newdude
But if I were buying now and given the price differences, my choice may have been different.
Some folks might just want the extras and that’s ok too. As long as they get Taylor drops we can all be on the same page and to each their own. :)

Reactions: V___25
Or for $142 you get the TF-100 Pro with a nice case and SpeedStir/SmartStir included ($162 if XL option is selected).

OP keep in mind when choosing a kit the refills for the TF-100 is $50 and for the TF-100 Pro it's $52. So you aren't buying a new kit when your old one runs out/expires. Basically the upcharge on the Pro is a nicer case, For example, TF-100 is $77 or $121 with Speed/SmartStir. TF-100 Pro is $142 and includes Speed/SmartStir. So if you want the Speed/SmartStir (you do), it's only $20 more to get the Pro that includes that and is in a nice case.

I also love the SampleSizer myself, but others have mixed feelings on this. Note it only works with Taylor mixing tubes, it doesn't work with the mixing tubes that come with the TF-100. You can always wait and throw this in with a refill order in the future if you like, but it doesn't change your life as drastically as the Speed/SmartStir does.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.