Best "tips" you learned from Trouble Free Pool.

PoolStored

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 24, 2021
Ashtabula, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Would be interesting to get a thread going on the "best of the best" tips you learned from Trouble Free Pool (TFP).

The best tip I have have learned is to keep my FC high enough to protect from a high demand FC day.

Whether you are manually dosing Liquid Chlorine, using a Stenner (or other LC) pump, or an SWG, you can, and should run at the high end of the recommended FC range (or higher) to protect your pool from getting to the minimum FC for your CYA FC/CYA Levels, and avoiding algae. Since it is safe to swim up to SLAM level FC, this is the greatest "learning" I've had.

I’m new and so far one of the best tips is to not panic shock when seeing a mouse! Also learned that non chlorinated shock is not helpful.

Also see the "Tips" sticky thread in Everything Else area

As a new pool owner it’s hard to pick just one, but I would have to say BBB. I’m glad I found TFP before I collected a garage full of pool store potions

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also see the "Tips" sticky thread in Everything Else area
Grab your favorite adult beverage (or 6) and get lost in this “tips” thread…

2 things:

1. Maintaining chlorine level above 5 - keeps water sparkling clear!
2. Lowering TA to 60ish and letting pH “settle” to where it wants to be instead of chasing my tail with pH rise.

Reactions: markayash and kul
  • Speedstir.
  • The whole cya/cl thing.
  • Cl injection with a pump.
  • Trying to decide which is better - robot or swcg: I can only get one in the near future - oh wait now I know what I want (need) for xmas.

• Speedstir.
  • The whole cya/cl thing.
  • Cl injection with a pump.
  • Trying to decide which is better - robot or swcg: I can only get one in the near future - oh wait now I know what I want (need) for xmas.
Maybe invent a robot that generates chlorine when it runs :)
I bought both in 2020 before Covad hit. Was nice but for a few months was having 2nd thought on spending $1500 ( swg was still $750 and robot was $699 ) when we weren’t sure if we would live much less have a job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.