Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

That’s super messed up considering most people probably don’t know to check the date and just buy it thinking they are getting what they are paying for. 🙁

Reactions: charliej
25 March 2022 - Atwood’s in Derby, KS. pallet of LC, January 19, 2022 manufacture date. $3.49 gal
oh. my lanta!!! i wished we were close. our atwoods has none because they are building a new one, but it wont be open for another month!!! no help now, but i am sure hoping it will be real fresh! our local pool store is selling last years which was out of date last year...go figure. i guess, like ya'll saaid, most people dont know. there dates are 21 159. that is not as new as walmart or lowes.

Home depot Morganville NJ has a giant stack of 10% 4 gal boxes for $17.98 (4.50/GAL) manufacture date March 1st 2022.

Down in Texas (Houston area) where there is Pinch A Penny stores that sell bulk LC, A 2.5 gal container (10% strength) is $9.88 and after 10 refills the 11th one is free. That works out to $3.95 per gallon. Or $3.59 if you consider the free 2.5 gal after 10 fill ups.
In Plano, Texas the new regular price for the 2.5 gallon container at Pinch a Penny is now $14.98 (~$6/gallon), though this weekend it is discounted by 10%. I paid less than $10 for the same 2.5 gallon container (~$4/gallon) just a few weeks ago. The local Home Depot is selling their 10% product for $4.50/gallon. Looks like I'll be going to Home Depot for my chlorine this summer.

Attachments

• IMG_7360.JPG
    IMG_7360.JPG
    360.3 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: GDN
In Plano, Texas the new regular price for the 2.5 gallon container at Pinch a Penny is now $14.98 (~$6/gallon), though this weekend it is discounted by 10%. I paid less than $10 for the same 2.5 gallon container (~$4/gallon) just a few weeks ago. The local Home Depot is selling their 10% product for $4.50/gallon. Looks like I'll be going to Home Depot for my chlorine this summer.
Where have you found a Home Depot with stock? The couple I have checked, Far North Dallas/Plano, have none and they've taken inventory off their web completely, won't even let you see who carries the product, just says check with the store.

I found some at Lowe's on Preston last week, but the bottles were in pretty bad shape and most over 60 days old. I bought 4 gallons that were newer, but I'll need more in a couple of weeks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow. That price you provided at PaP in Dallas area has not come down to the Houston area and I hope it does not. They are running the 10% discount this weekend so I bought some as well.

Likewise with HD - they have not had stock for past 2 months and I have 2 stores within 10 miles and neither have it.

One of the Irving Home Depot's has Liguid Chlorine. I was surprised the last couple of times I was there, they had it in stock. There was a full pallet in stock. The item is still on the Hm Depot site but it stopped displaying current store stock last year.

Home Depot Irving Store #0563
3200 W Irving Blvd
Irving, TX 75061

WalMart seems to have the best price at $4.60 in many areas but stock is tight. This weekend I picked up 8 gallons of Pool Essentials 10% for $5/gallon with a March 1 date at Ollie’s for anyone who has one nearby.

Went to Home Depot and their stock (stored outside) was $6 and Clorox bleach was $7 a gallon. 🤨

Anyone know a place in LA (west valley)? I get 4 gallons of 12.5% for $26.24 which is $6.56 per gallon. This is from discount pool mart which is a HASA dealer.

here in quebec Canac has 5 Litre jugs for $6.50 $CAD$
one gal is 3.78 Litres. couldn't find a date on the bottle though but seems to raise FC the appropriate amount in my spa according to pool math and testing. I don't see much looking like a date on the picture of the box posted can someone enlighten me about date codes all I see is 2033609 12c ca1
thanks

Seems that is 2020 Dec 31? I’m surprised it still works effectively.
The first two digits are the year (20) and the next 3 digits are the day of the year with Jan 1 being day 1. So yours is 336 which I believe is Dec 31 since 2020 was a leap year and Feb 29 was part of it.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support