Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Home Depot just put in new inventory but at over $8 per gallon
Last year they sold a box of 4 gallons for $20 now 3 gallons for $25
View attachment 559753
It's been going up like Coke prices! Glad I went salt 3 or 4 years ago! I think I've paid for the system twice over.

Members frequently ask "Where is the best place to buy liquid chlorine where I live?"

This thread is an attempt to consolidate all of the places you know of in your town so others can share in your good deal.

If you know a place that has a good deal on liquid chlorine, whether it is a pool store, janitorial supplier or whatever, reply to this thread with the name of the business, the details including price, concentration and quantity, and we'll add it to this list.

US Wide:

Walmart: $2.94 for 121oz of 8.25%. 29.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.
Sams Club: $9.47 for 3 count 121oz of 8.25%. 31.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.
Aldi's: ????

Alabama

Mobile: Pinch-A-Penny 2.5 gal refillable (10.5%) $8.99 initial, $6.08 refill ... 18.1 cents/oz of sodium hypochlorite

Alaska

Arizona

Check for a local HASA dealer who generally sell bulk chlorine at a good price

Tucson: E-Konomy Pool, 4912 E 22nd St, Refillable 4 gallons of 12% for $13.96 = 22.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Arkansas

California

San Rafael/Petaluma: Herb's Pool Service Refillable 4 gallons of 12.5% for $17.32. 27.1 cents/oz. of sodium hypochlorite

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Orlando: Pinch a Penny and Leslie's refillable 2.5 gallons of 10% for $5 after tax. 15.6 cents/oz. of sodium hypochlorite

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Idaho: Fred Meyer has their 8.25% 121 oz jugs on sale for $2.69. 26.9 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Illinois

Rural King stores: $9.99 for 4 gallons of 10%. Frequently on sale for $7.99 and even $6.99 around Memorial Day. 19.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $9.99. 15.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $7.99. 13.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $6.99.

Indiana

Rural King stores: $9.99 for 4 gallons of 10%. Frequently on sale for $7.99 and even $6.99 around Memorial Day. 19.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $9.99. 15.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $7.99. 13.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $6.99.

Menards: $3.99 for one gallon of 12%. 26 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite. On sale around Memorial Day as BOGO making it 13 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Raleigh: MVP Services, 5813 Triangle Dr $13.50 for 5 gallons. of 12%. 17.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Dallas: Riviera Pools 12.6% HASA Chlorine for $22 for 4 gallons. 34.1 cents per gallon of sodium hypochlorite.

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Local Walmart has 10% for 5.67 a gallon, 24074. Pinch a Penny has 2.5 gallon refills for ~17.50 - fresh.

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I recently visited my first True Value hardware store (in Bandera, TX, while helping my parents get their newly-purchased ranch in order). Not sure how typical/representative this branch is of True Value locations in general - but among its other positives (great selection, helpful staff), it had great prices on pool chemicals. Chlorine (Pool Essentials) was $5.47/gallon and Muriatic Acid was $5.97/gallon - both quite a bit cheaper than any of the big box stores near me in Houston.

I recently visited my first True Value hardware store (in Bandera, TX, while helping my parents get their newly-purchased ranch in order). Not sure how typical/representative this branch is of True Value locations in general - but among its other positives (great selection, helpful staff), it had great prices on pool chemicals. Chlorine (Pool Essentials) was $5.47/gallon and Muriatic Acid was $5.97/gallon - both quite a bit cheaper than any of the big box stores near me in Houston.
That’s fantastic- MA is $10+ a gallon in most places these days.

Menards. $4.44/gallon after rebate ($4.99 regular price).

Reactions: Mdragger88