Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Sorry for a basic question, but want to get confirmation I can do this myself.

Like everyone else, I'm having to switch to SWG due to scarcity of chlorine. Pool service is saying they can't get to me until mid-July and that an estimate can't be provided because prices will likely increase by then. So I'm planning on buying a Circupool RJ-30 for an 18k gallon pool and installing it myself. Plenty of room for the plumbing of the salt generator. But I do want to wire this so it turns on only with when the pump turns on.

Currently my Pump, Pentair Intelliflo VSF, is connected to the left manual timer in the picture with no timing tabs, so acting just as a switch if I ever need to manually turn it off. My Polaris pool cleaner pump is connected to the right timer with tabs. I'd like to connect the SWG to the left timer and connect the Pentair pump to direct power. My plan is to use the manual tab timer to control the SWG with some time cushion around the pump's timer.

Is this easily doable as a DIY? Any instructions on how connect the pump to be hard wired to power from this 2 timer configuration?

Thanks.

Attachments

• timers.jpg
    timers.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 30
Depends on your skill set, it’s a somewhat simple job. It sounds like your vs is on the load side of the intermatic timer and the tags were just removed, that will have to be changed to the line side and the swg will be on load side. The swg and cleaner pump with have to run between the time frame of the filter pump. We can walk you through it. It sounds like you have a good spot for it in the plumbing if you want some help post pics. You probably already know the swg should be at least 2x the size of your gallons.

Thanks Poolbreh. I'm researching intermatic timer wiring instructions now and see line and load side labeling. I'll likely order the SWG (RJ 45 per your advice) this weekend and go for the install.

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.