61 degrees
FC 2
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 100 ppm
CH 120
CYA 30
Taylor K-2006C

First post and just wanted to get feedback on my readings. FC was a little low. Used the pool math and added bleach to raise it up. Overall how do my readings look? I haven't had the best of luck with my pool in the past (motor failures). It didn't take long to look like a swamp! I did a lot reading and started completely over this year. Drained the whole pool. It looks better than it has in the past.
Charlie

HI! Nice job on getting a good test kit and using it! I have a few links I put together for new pool owners or new to TFP owners. Some of it you might have seen but I don't want leave anything out.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now I have some "homework" for you. We need you to fill out your signature. Go to settings (upper right) then to edit signature (middle left). Fill in what kind of pool you have, your equipment kind and size. Make sure to put your test kit in there also.

That info will help us guide you on your levels better.

I can't wait to help get your pool balanced!

Kim:kim:

Charlie,

Just wanted to Welcome you to TFP.. A Great resource for all your pool questions.. :wave:

Your FC is at the very minimum it should ever be. I suspect that the main reason that you have had a swamp in the past has more to do with very low FC than anything else. Check out this chart.. https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

You should try to keep your FC above 4 ppm at all times. If me, I'd be shooting for an FC of 6 and never let it drop below 4..

You might want to bring your CH up to 250 or so, but I don't see that as a major issue at this point.

Everything else looks ok to me, good job!!!

I assume that you don't have a SWCG, so how are you currently chlorinating your pool?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Charlie,

Have you looked at HASA's, liquid chlorine? It's 12.5% and you get a full gallon. Makes it somewhat price competitive..

I have not heard of the C201, so I plan to check it out..

Update.. You can checkout some Liquidator comments using our search box in the upper right corner of the screen...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.