Balboa M7 (on Coleman 706) heater seems to run rouge to OHH

Lt43

Jul 7, 2023
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
I have a Coleman 706 used spa I received. Everything functions, but the spa is always running to OHH. When I clear the OHH after enough cool-down time, it seems to work fine unless I shut down all the pumps. When I do, I hear what sounds like the water heating (kind of boiling/metal heating sound) from the area of the heater for like 10-15 seconds and then it kicks the OHH. Almost like the heater is running while no water is flowing. The temp is set low in the 90s and there is no heating icon on the display while this is happening. This spa is using an M7 Balboa Heater. The display reads temperatures, so Idk about the sensor(s) but maybe? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Welcome to TFP.

@RDspaguy tinkers with used spas. Let’s see what he says when he wanders by.

You have a stuck relay on the circuit board. Relays can be replaced by any electronics/computer repair shop, though you might have to get the relays yourself.
A new system, including the heater and topside, runs about $450 last time I checked.
Boil-out can damage the heater and/or sensors, so you might consider replacing those if you repair the board. They're fairly cheap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.