Baking Soda for $0.75 a lb plus $5.99 shipping

Generic at my grocery store is usually about $0.50 per 1lb box. I think we picked up 8 lbs of Arm and Hammer for about $5-6.

That's not Amazon but rather an Amazon Marketplace seller. You'll often see products priced cheaply but with a high shipping charge. That is to discourage returning a bad or defective product (the price is really built into the shipping charge.) Any time I see a product like that I move on, as I know it is an unscrupulous seller--that Amazon shouldn't allow, so shame on them too. In this case it is pure ripoff top to bottom. My local HEB (supermarket) sells a house brand 13.5 lb bag of baking soda for $6.79, and since it's a food product, it also is not subject to sales tax. Check your local market. I think even Arm & Hammer has a similar big bag of baking soda.

BJs has 13lbs for $6.99 all year in case anybody is a member. I imagine costco/sams has similar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.