Bakersfield, Ca Gunite Build

It's almost swim season and it's time to start adding things around the pool that appeal to the eye. I started with these tiki torches today.
4ae382f16683dfb4fdfba0fc4c75e405.jpg

073b7451f577122fc5b4fb4c579347b1.jpg

bea0e7d2adc1c396189f6f848174ecba.jpg

c33d56c2bd0d31889a499b6cdec1efd3.jpg

Guess it’s time for the yearly update. Threw up some bistro lights for a party. I’m going to take them down because two of the runs go over the edge of the pool but I’ll leave the guide wires to put the lights up for non swimming parties. I wired them up to my easy touch. Maybe I’ll rerun them so they don’t hang over the pool because I love the look.
77165ca06a3418323a5a58ee5b00e6b3.heic
8e4212c20a8dd871644edf1f52c6d55f.heic
209e0078a6a93d61d8659f4e71fd02bc.heic

Nice update and lights were a good touch...we lived in bakersfield for just over 2 years many many moons ago! Good folks there and our neighbors had a pool and we dreamed about having one. We enjoyed the Kern river though :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I went back and looked at your build...great job and lots of thought out stuff! What would you have done differently! Pro's and con's of the fire pit? Im considering one as an add on but we are in a wide open environment and it gets windy so Im not so sure if the use will justify the cost (looks pretty though). The homemade towel rack is an awesome idea...there should be a thread for stuff like this that folks can add to and get ideas from. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, those lights are so relatively inexpensive and awesome. We love ours on our pergola. Already had lighting around the pool but I may re-light the pool area some day.

Yeah, those lights are so relatively inexpensive and awesome. We love ours on our pergola. Already had lighting around the pool but I may re-light the pool area some day.

I eventually want to get the pentair landscape lights but I’ve been saying that for 3 years so...... I just add a little bit every year. I did order another bag of fire glass as what’s in there has settled and I’m in need of about an inch.

So I went back and looked at your build...great job and lots of thought out stuff! What would you have done differently! Pro's and con's of the fire pit? Im considering one as an add on but we are in a wide open environment and it gets windy so Im not so sure if the use will justify the cost (looks pretty though). The homemade towel rack is an awesome idea...there should be a thread for stuff like this that folks can add to and get ideas from. Thanks for sharing!

Great question! First off I would of added a poured walkway from the pool to the side of my house. I can still do it but it would of been free with the pool. I really wanted the deck jets with lights but I couldn’t pull the trigger on the $800 each price tag. Probably still wouldn’t if I were building today. I also wanted bubblers on the play pad but thought it was too deep for them. In retrospect I think they would of worked out but then I wouldn’t have done the GloBrites. I just love water features. I also would of added a spa. No cons on the fire pit whatsoever. It really is the only thing that gets us into the backyard during the winter. I never looked into wether or not I could of added an electric igniter to it but I would of done that if it was possible. My fireplace in the house runs off a wall switch so it would be cool, I’’d say, if you could run the fire pit from the pool control panel. And I would of added color to the concrete that I currently would love to stain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.